JFF-Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hotlaps
 photo HotlapsImagecopy2_zpsef8c5e02.gif
NEXT EVENT

RFACTOR 2
LAGUNA SECA

MON 13TH-QUAL 8PM

Teamspeak
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

+22
Rick
Papaosa
MozzMann
OzLoUdmoUth
=StanDaam=
OzSquizza
Nifty
METAL666
Schids
GAZZA-JFF
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
obbzy
Dayne Powell
TheROOKIE
ORA-Pits
Knightwolf
Blaktop
StickyRubbers
JadeShark
ORA-Oldie
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
Thmpar
26 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

Post by Schids Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 am

GAZZA wrote:I did a 80 lap race at KSR recently

Don't you mean WON an 80 lap race Smile
Well Done Gazza!
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 2 Empty Re: Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

Post by Thmpar Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Poll Now up to choose Mod to be used, There has only been 2 mods really in the discussion so they are the choices it will run for 5 days only, That way a skin submit date can be set.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:30 pm

I've voted.

Today I reinstalled the new mod and did 20 laps around Bathurst.. after the real race of course... and found myself running 2:11's and a couple of 2:10's.

With a solid setup and plenty of praccy I reckon that would drop into the 9's or 8's at times... until you had to ease up to save your tyres for the long run.

And just like V8Factor I am heating the fronts more than the rears.. although at first I was boiling the rears with my heavy right foot Rolling Eyes

PS... well done on your KSR win Gazza cheers
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 pm

I voted to but i have just had the luxury of doing some 200 laps in the one i chose.....I agree Oldie once a solid set is sorted out its great, Fastest race lap last night was a 2:08.1xx done by the leader on lap 2.....
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greens-Tuf [JFF] Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:40 pm

I won't vote as I havent tested either but at 5 to Nil votes its not looking good for FVR....

Well done Gazza on your stella drive.
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
JFF Treasurer
JFF Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:47 pm

after the 6 hour last night with Gaz (and us coming 3rd and nearly second) ive said the unleashed.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 pm

I went with the consensus and voted Unleashed.......now to get a set together I can drive with.... Question

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Our one was fine blacktop

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Still keen to team Mr Pits???
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Actually can't wait, if I was a gerl I'd wet myself but since i'm not then ..all good, I'd like a short 6 hour warmup race this saturday.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:44 am

Can't make this Saturday.......still got 2 rounds left in the ORA GP2 championship....this week and a fortnight

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 am

Your nuts Pits....Cant you wait till this one next month?? Razz
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 am

Now that was just Blacky stirring Thump Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 am

Mr Thmpar, are we using 2005 or 2006 of Bathurst. And is there any specific placement of the Simparts logo? geek
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

Looks like it's Skinning time again.. and I likes skinning the Unleashed mod.

PS.. Ditto to Rookie's question on logo placement.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:02 am

Rookie it will be 2006 version of Bathurst with the ora sandtrap fix.
Not yet confirmed logo etc with brendon.
I will try to get that bit finalized by Wednesday.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Now that was just Blacky stirring Thump Smile

Who Me?????.....nahhhh, it was Pitsy.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 am

Ok guys i have updated the first post with a link to the High res Logo's for simparts and a rough layout of where a couple of things need to be placed.
Its all in Green so it can be easily found.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:53 am

Oldie needs a solid teamie.

Butakup will be in UnZud feeding Tim Tams to Pitsy and Co when the race is being run.

Adsta thought about it but decided not to take the offer.

So I'm skinning cars with no co-driver.

All applicants will be considered equally... unless an offer of money, cute female, or nice desserts for one year are placed on the table.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 am

Who could turn down that offer Oldie, you only want a guy with makeup offering you money and lollies...there is a name for the person who wins that Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 am

Damn, I didn't think to be specific enough to say.. no Transgenders please.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Im very keen oldy, would be happy to team up.
Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm

You're on Mr Wolfman.

Please email your Life Insurance details, along with bank account details to this address... 46234c Delhi Lane, Punjab.

lol!
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey guys my preference would be to run this event at 100% damage and no aids other than Auto Clutch as i know i dont use them and i know others dont,
But What is the general idea of this.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:31 pm

all good from me
Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 pm

We did the simracer at 100% damage, if I was asked then no helps and 75% as it gives a chance to make it back to the pits, a slight head-on into a wall at 10kph will kill the engine at 100%, that killed my KSR after 3 laps of their 3 hour..

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by GAZZA-JFF Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:31 pm

100% damage is fine but the slightest brain fade could mean race over.....
I agree with Pits and going with 75%.
GAZZA-JFF
GAZZA-JFF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by METAL666 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:10 am

I am keen to give this a crack. Have been registered here for awhile but have not raced. Raced at plenty of other sites, mainly KDSR and Adrenalin Factor. So if anybody needs a driver i'm keen.
cheers metal
METAL666
METAL666
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:13 am

Thump,

While I like the idea of 100% damage for the realism.. I don't like the idea of a slight touch ending the day. But am happy to go with the consensus view.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:14 am

I agree guys Damage stays at 75% and auto clutch is the only aid.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 am

Guys Server is going.....it can be found here

Server Name:
SimParts Brocky Memorial- Hypernia.com

Password:
brocky05

Am awaiting email about getting Liveracers going so we can all see whos practising.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Sound good to me Cool
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Any chance of setting the server to 165 mins practice Thmpr......30 mins just doesn't seem very long.....lol. I was trying to do a tyre and fuel run.....and it went to qual half way through.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:55 am

I'll look at it blaky. As it was set for the maximum time it could be.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:46 pm

That's strange, it was empty when I went in so Practice started when I entered and I only got around 30 mins.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

All done, I was told that the Hypernia servers are finicky which it proves to be, It depends on weather you use the text editor of Config editor as to which way the server loads,
All fixed though, Practise 1 + 2 are now 2:45 mins long.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Cheers mate.....Smile

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Guys We now have timing at liveracers.com

http://liveracers.com/#/Views/LiveTiming/SimRacer/SimParts%20Brocky%20Memorial-%20Hypernia.com

Follow the link above....Many thanx to Liveracers for their free service.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greens-Tuf [JFF] Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Thmpar wrote:Guys We now have timing at liveracers.com

http://liveracers.com/#/Views/LiveTiming/SimRacer/SimParts%20Brocky%20Memorial-%20Hypernia.com

Follow the link above....Many thanx to Liveracers for their free service.
I have just jumped in server for my first crack at it. i AM Also on TS3
This PA announcer is giving me the shits in the pits!!!!!!!! Must delete that file - note to self......
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
JFF Treasurer
JFF Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:21 pm

The Kiwis are talking about the 3am finish, looks like a stopper for a few.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:24 am

What an awesome bit of gear is the Timing webpage.. love it.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:00 am

+1
Very impressive bit of timing kit.
Being able to check out Sector splits is cool.
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 pm

this is a great tool

finally i have hit the top of the time sheets, i think this is a 1st for me with some pointy end drivers up there too.

yay yay yay
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Great Scott!
Very Happy
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeShark Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:26 am

I'm So scared,,, so very scared

Thanks to JFF, this has been on the cards for years and aaaaages
aaaaaages been long before my dribble,, imagine me before-hand

JadeShark
JadeShark
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 am

Well I had a look at this Live Race Timing whilst Knightwolf (Phil), Gazza and Scott were doing a few laps last night.
It shows the following in real time.
1. The positions of their cars on the track and what position in the room they are... i.e. 1, 2, 3
2. All incidents if they touch a wall, dot shudders with red brackets and Smoke comes off the dot for a bad crash
3. If they are breaking a lap record (not sure if their personal or overall) the dot for their car starts flaming like a comet...i.e. a hot lap
4. It also shows all dialogue between drivers.

There is more but these were definitely worth a mention.
Good score Thmpar Very Happy

Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayne Powell Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 am

i need a partner
Dayne Powell
Dayne Powell
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

I finally got on the server last night after some mucking around to get a Holden on it.. needed to own all the cars first by the ISI_BABYFACTORY addition.

With only 10 laps testing under my belt I decided to see how many laps I could string together.. time not being important. I got 6 or 7 done until Rookie said he was going.. which sounded like a good idea at that time of night.

I'm starting to learn how to drive this mod, but have a long way to go to reach my laptime goal in the 9's. Weird thing is the first test I did in the mod was loose but got me into the 9's quickly.. now I can't get into the 10's at the moment.

Weird.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Old Frt wrote:I'm starting to learn how to drive this mod, but have a long way to go to reach my laptime goal in the 9's. Weird thing is the first test I did in the mod was loose but got me into the 9's quickly.. now I can't get into the 10's at the moment.
Weird.

Oldie, your going backwards if you want to go from being in the 9's to getting into the 10's. haha

leave the 10's to us midfield crew, you pointy end racers stay in the 9's yeah. lol!
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 pm

dayne123 wrote:i need a partner
Chuck your name down here Dayne123
https://jff-racing.forumotion.com/t940-peter-brock-memorial-co-drivers-needed
Metal is looking for a co-driver too...if you can think of anyone let him know Razz
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next