JFF-Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hotlaps
 photo HotlapsImagecopy2_zpsef8c5e02.gif
NEXT EVENT

RFACTOR 2
LAGUNA SECA

MON 13TH-QUAL 8PM

Teamspeak
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports

+24
Tekky
=VLGroupA=
=StanDaam=
Blaktop
=Dashman=
rev-head
Papaosa
OR~wayno
Thmpar
:RSM:Yaystenny
Knightwolf
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
OR~Tezza
Mad94d
=Doon=
JFF Scotty
Schids
ORA-Pits
JFF-JOE
MyHolden11
devilracer87
StickyRubbers
Nifty
ben_rothberg
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Empty JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports

Post by ben_rothberg Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:07 am

Well.........................

After a hard and some what average result, There is nothing we could do to overcome the issue which arise with Driver swap's and rFactor Software.

In all honoustly, A AMAZING event run by JJF, Had a ball racing and preparing for the event, But this time and most times in rFactor Driver Swap events it ended in a frustrating night.

The Trans Tasman Racing / Hyper Stimulator Holden was capable of running top 3 easy, all night long. But WOW should we get an award for the FASTEST Diff. Change? 17 Secs and a different Gear Ratio later we were maxxing out at 260KPH down Conrod!

After Numerous Faults we brought the car home in a respective 4th.

Anyway, Onto next year. Thanks again to JFF for a fantastic event and Congrats to the winners Outlaws!
ben_rothberg
ben_rothberg
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Empty Re: JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports

Post by Nifty Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 am

Great event guys. The 12 oclock finish did,nt do me and paps any favours. Just gave us more time for beverages. Me having a couple too many. If i was caught on the road by the police i would have no license now bounce . I realise the server problem was just 1 of these things that can happen and by no way were jff at fault. At the restart i was confusing the start finish line with the timing line. Sorry guys i should have know better. Paps spoke to scotty about this as i gave up 2 positions. After this i was told to race on. Our night got worse after this with me and my teamate making some fairly large mistakes. Mine in particular,driving off into a wall on a straight to light a ciggerette Sleep . At the end after both of us turned the nympho commodore into something that looked like a beat up dodgem car we were glad just to finish. To the podium guys well done. Paps will write his own report but for me, i had nothing left at the end and could not wait for the last lap to come quick enough. This was my hardest pbm to date! Thanks to paps for his support during the race.

Nifty
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Empty Re: JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports

Post by StickyRubbers Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:21 am

Great job admins for getting through last nights issues, a fantastic race, wd,
and thanks to "Pagnian" for getting behind the event.

Congrats to Wayno and Worm on their 1st place, a cut above the rest last night,
Congrats also to Yaystenny and Floydie on their 2nd place.
Well done to all competitors for their driving standards, congrats to all that finished, great acheivment in itself.

Our night started off pretty uneventfull, good start and great first stint to get up to 3rd by Tekky, then my turn,
and as has happened in the past i come out of pits to find a car with default set up, which cost us over 30sec, dropped to 8th for that stint.
Tekky in for the 3rd stint, while Tekky started pulling back the lost time, i was rebooting system, when disaster (Hypernia) struck, then the restart.
Now with the actual car set up working in my car i was now able to hold position on track.

We were pretty much battling for 3rd pos going into last stint, then disaster struck again, with a slight server glitch causing Tekkys graphics card to take some LSD by the sound of it, white snow/dirt track looking roads etc etc, all this took place on conrod so lucky to not bin it, then tekky not being able to clearly see the road and dropping seconds per lap gave madison a sniff at the podium, thankfully (although very risky) tekkys pc decided to crash to descktop as well, well done avoiding us madison, but once tekky got it all back up on screen all was well again, and the battle for the final podium commenced again, with no more glitches and a brilliant drive from Tekky we snuck it onto the podium.
Great battle Madison and Ben, what could have been for either team if the gremlins stayed away ?.......

Had a great night, look forward to the next.

Last edited by StickyRubbers on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by devilracer87 Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 am

Great event to be a part of. Loved every minute of what we were a part of.

Qualifying... second to last.

First race... Were making the most of people dropping out. Did driver swap, co-driver changed the lcd display thingy and bang we were out.

Second start. Co driver started, did 21 laps. Changed over... No problems with anything. Co driver gets back in in another 18 laps (I'd damaged it a bit. Woops). Same thing as the previous attempt.

Ahh well that's computers for you.

Thanks heaps guys.

Dev
devilracer87
devilracer87
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHolden11 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks guys really enjoyed it, and thanks to AnthoneyGT for been my co-Driver

Qualifying: all the days i Practised i was doing 2:09 flats and in Qualifying i did a 2:08.3, so i was happy with that

First Race: we had a couple crashes, but had good pase ended up going to laps down by the time the server went down (thank god it gave us another chance)

Second Race: Ant handed me the car in 20th and after my 60lap stint it was 12th.. i loved it, going door to door with guys and climbing through the order

Really looking forward to next year Very Happy

MyHolden11
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Empty Well done

Post by JFF-JOE Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks JFF for putting this race together, was a gr8 night.
An welldone to the top three drivers.

Thanks again.
JFF-JOE
JFF-JOE
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:12 pm

C'mon, you have to burnouts, it's one of those things even if it's untimely or even norty.

Race report, I had fun, Gaz will say the same, seemed like a long sort of sprint race at the time Smile
Clean race, I saw some frustration and prolly created some myself, 3.07am finish here so got a bit tired. Gazza drove like one of the fast guys and brilliant to watch.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:14 pm

A lot of us joined up knowing that we were not really going to get a podium but just going to have a goodtime...we weren't disappointed.
Had many a race in a race. I personally had some good racing with V8-Sol Disco and Mike80, I know Holdfast had a redhot battle with OR-Joe for about several laps.
We lost a splitter or two along the way, I visited the =Hardcore= boys in their room at one stage and it was like opening the door to a party, they were also in it for the Fun.
Thanks JFF and well done to the podiums and everyone who finished and tried.
Schids.
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JFF Scotty Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Well Our night Started well with Knightwolf Qualifying on the 5th row of the grid. Knightwolf took the JFF Holden to 5th on the track proper worth a good lead on Doon/Spacko by 29 seconds.

I got in and took the car for the next lot of 20odd laps but as the tyre wore on and my pedals slipping away everytime i braked the Hardcore boys along with a couple of others just managed to get past me when the Server took the road out from under the field.

I had to restart the second part of the race as I was in the car when the glitch happened, so me not being the best in a gaggle of angry cars let 9th slip to 14th. I feel guilty that I let my partner down here. as when Phill got back in he started to make up all the ground that I had lost and was stuck with a set that really didnt do him any favours.

I got into the car again, this time a little better than the previous 2 stints but still managed to slip a bit as the Hardcore guys on better rubber got past me just before I handed back to Knightwolf.

From there Knightwolf brought her home well and managed to get ahead of two of the three hardcore cars at the end.

I have to say, apart from Hypathetical going down, I really had a great time. Thanks to everyone that turned up and thanks for all your understanding and patience.

BIG SHOUT TO THMPAR AND SCOTTY-DPG

BRILLIANT EVENT GUYS - THANKS
JFF Scotty
JFF Scotty
JFF Head Administrator
JFF Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by =Doon= Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Six Corana's with Limes, 8 Rum&Coke cans, one moniter started turning into 2 moniter's, cars ahead started to get wider, track getting really blurry, 1 double stint that killed me as Spacko couldnt get in the car, great Battle with JFF-Scotty for laps on end, other than that a fantastic night!

Great job JFF for another great race, as me and Spacko were here last year and will be back next year for sure.

Congrats to the poduim places well done boys, you are all aliens Laughing

=Doon=

Last edited by =Doon= on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

=Doon=
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad94d Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Qualy
Had a great session and did a PB to grab pole so was pretty happy about that!

Race
Start was terrible, but I was expecting that having not driven the mod very much. wayno got a great jump next to me and took the lead. We had a real awesome battle on lap 1/2 with the Outlaws blokes and no contact either which was amazing. Great driving by all involved!

Had a nice PC crash on lap 15-ish that damaged our car quite badly. Double stinted and pushed on and handed over to Rothberg at about lap 44.

On the race restart Rothberg continued and Double stinted like we had planned. On the pit stop to give the car to me however the car had loaded default setup with 3.5:1 diff ratio. So I pitted to try and suss it out, Rothberg did another full stint. We knew our hopes of a win were over and podium was all we could hope for at this point. When I jumped in again at lap 62 it seemed to be fixed. Had a fantastic battle with Tekky in the closing laps. Both of us had the car on the ragged edge. I felt a little like David Reynolds trying to get power down off the dipper and Forests Elbow. Great battle Tekky, was awesome fun.

Thanks to JFF for putting the event on. Despite the issues, it was still a great event and you guys made the best of what was an unfortunate issue. Thanks to Pagnian Imports for supporting the event.

Well done to OR~wayno/OR~WORM on the win and :RSM:YayStenny/Floydie, Tekky/Sticky on their podium finishes. Well done guys, you 3 teams drove brilliantly all night.

Thanks to our sponsor Hyper Stimulator for their support as always, disappointed we couldn't bring you guys home a win.

See ya' next year!
Mad94d
Mad94d
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~Tezza Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 pm

WELL DONE OUTLAWS cheers cheers cheers
"OR~wayno & OR~WORM
What a great event, Well done JFF and look forward to the next one.
I havent been driving for months now and to come 10th in a race like that i was happy with that result, tryed to keep it off the walls and go as quick as possible but there was too many walls affraid ... Well done to everyone else who finished and DNF

OR~Tezza
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ben_rothberg Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Mad94d wrote:Qualy
Had a great session and did a PB to grab pole so was pretty happy about that!

Race
Start was terrible, but I was expecting that having not driven the mod very much. wayno got a great jump next to me and took the lead. We had a real awesome battle on lap 1/2 with the Outlaws blokes and no contact either which was amazing. Great driving by all involved!

Had a nice PC crash on lap 15-ish that damaged our car quite badly. Double stinted and pushed on and handed over to Rothberg at about lap 44.

On the race restart Rothberg continued and Double stinted like we had planned. On the pit stop to give the car to me however the car had loaded default setup with 3.5:1 diff ratio. So I pitted to try and suss it out, Rothberg did another full stint. We knew our hopes of a win were over and podium was all we could hope for at this point. When I jumped in again at lap 62 it seemed to be fixed. Had a fantastic battle with Tekky in the closing laps. Both of us had the car on the ragged edge. I felt a little like David Reynolds trying to get power down off the dipper and Forests Elbow. Great battle Tekky, was awesome fun.

Thanks to JFF for putting the event on. Despite the issues, it was still a great event and you guys made the best of what was an unfortunate issue. Thanks to Pagnian Imports for supporting the event.

Well done to OR~wayno/OR~WORM on the win and :RSM:YayStenny/Floydie, Tekky/Sticky on their podium finishes. Well done guys, you 3 teams drove brilliantly all night.

Thanks to our sponsor Hyper Stimulator for their support as always, disappointed we couldn't bring you guys home a win.

See ya' next year!

You did a stellar job mate! and thank you so much for the opportunity to drive with such a alien as you are.

Cya's Next Year!
ben_rothberg
ben_rothberg
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Well ill start off by thanking everyone of you for your patience during our red flag period. It was an unfortunate server crash and im glad that we were able to get the ball rolling again and even though not the norm, was good to see 21 teams start the race again.

On to my race report. Well that the thing called pace was definitely not on our side. Lead up to the race i did a pb of 2.09.23X. kinda thinking cool this is good, went into to qually and couldn't get near that, even if i did i would have jumped one spot up the order..................HRRRRRM na ill sit back and watch the pro's do it.

Into the start of race one, and had a good fight with devil made it past and a few others dropped out, started catching =Doons= and had great steady consistent lap times, putting down one after the other. The tyres wern't getting over heated, wern't wearing out past 70% so this was great news over a stint. While others pitted, we managed to make it to lap24, so the way we were going, this meant 6 stops and a splash of 1-2 laps for the final stint.

The the counter stopped as i was loosing control and Thmpar was taking over. And then that's where it ended, no one had control as we had a system fail. oh shit balls.

So we sat on TS watching and giving each other commentary moments of others racing, was fun and we was having a laugh. Then it crashed. Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrout

So after a bit of messing around the server up and running again, we got back into the server and did a driver swap to make sure it would work. No probs, thump was in the car and drivable. He started so he had a turn of driving at least. We had no pace, car wouldn't turn, our setting were wrong it was weird. Thmpar came into pits and i couldn't select him to drive. We had no passenger select happening, oh crap.

I would leave the server, come back in under spectate and we could do driver change again, but something was still wrong. I think we must have borrowed the diff Ben and Madison took out cause we were only getting 280k's top speed.

We sat back and laughed, it seems to be this stuff happens every race we team up. last one, my wheel failed with one week till race, this year my comp fails to load all of windows on the Friday morning and wouldn't change, couldn't select buttons etc. Just crazy. anyways Thanks heaps to Thmpar for driving with me again, one race mate one race and we will get it sorted.

So congrats to 1st place: Wayne & Worm, Outlaws racing. 2nd place: Stenny & Floydie, Team RSM and 3rd place: Sticky & Tekky, StickeT Racing and to those who managed to finish, well done

For all the drivers who came back, had the patience to stick with us in the server crash. The class and respect given to all the drivers on the track when in all reality looking at the race was quiet fierce, hard fort and everyone having great door to door, bumper to bumper duels everywhere through the field. It was absolutely great to see and a pleasure to be a part of.

A few thank you. Ben, with the grid edit after the server crash, Outlaws for rushing and loading an temp server as a back up, your help and assistance was outstanding and duly noted, Thank you

To the JFF crew for all the assistance over the last month in helping out, putting skins together, helping to find and teaming drivers together when drivers dropped or needed a partner, looking after the running of other JFF series, forum threads and helping getting the Hyperthetic server up and running etc. There were a lot of late nights, phone calls, txt, emails etc by all.

So well done guys, we had a glitch, we worked together on what we thought was the best solution for all and got the race back up and running to be an outstanding success
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Well what a amazing race.
Thanks to JFF Scotty for teaming up with me for the event and being a great co driver and an all round top bloke.

Had a good qualifying run and got the car into the top 10. A bees dick in it to 5th place where about 6 cars were covered by less than .1 of a second.

Starting from mid pack is always a hairy experience but apart from a few little love taps here and there the standard set from everyone was exemplementry.
Had a great battle with Disco, Richo, Mike, Gaz, Madison during the first stint, Positions 5-10 was nose to tail for most of that run. Came in on lap 21 and stayed in the car so we could set the race up for a top 10 finish. The stop leap frogged Gaz & Pits, Disco and Steve and I was up in 7th Behind Nifty, Set about chasing him down before coming across Sticky who was obviously struggling on a default setup. Got by him and ended up in 5th place before handing the car over to Scotty. he was doing a fantastic job keeping the car clean and running some solid laps before a minor accident (due to my car setup) and then the server going down halted everyones run.
It meant that he started in the car for the resumption and we lost any time advantage we may have had over our main competition. That said he drove extremely well under the pressure of a lot of traffic with lots of fast guys that got a second life coming through the field.
I got in the car and did the double stint again, couldnt feel my feet afterwards but it was the most fun and satisfaction ive had racing these beasts. Locking on to a target and chasing them down lap after lap then pulling off the pass cleanly then moving on to the next and successfully chasing them down as well got us back from 15 to 11th. We were having a great battle with 2 of the hardcore cars during the last half of the race. Doon, Spacko, Dashman, Revhead. Constantly passing each other with some great moves.

Congrats to the podium getters, Worm & Wayno, Yeystenny & Floydie and Sticky and Tekky. Awesome racing.

364 Sleeps to go until the next one, cant wait

Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:56 pm

one last quick thought, is anyone able to make, help make a recap, replay of the race that we can post or send out to ppl (next level) even.

Would be awesome to see.

Thanks in advance

DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by :RSM:Yaystenny Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Well the lead up to the race we were fairly confindent of a top 5 after looking at live races.

I managed to use my last lap to do a 2:07 flat to put us in 4th after a shocking qual run due to server dropouts and accidents at the top of the hill.

The race started as i expected. I decided to hang back as i didn't need to win any sheep stations but it looked like Wayno, Rickster and Madison wanted them. 3 wide up mountain straight. I Managed to get us into 2nd and then saw Madison disappear. I pushed hard until about like 14-15 when floydie joined TS. I Locked a rear brake at skyline and had a massive accident. I decided to shut up for abit. Thanks to the back markers who didn't try to hold me up when you have every right to fight for position. I managed to keep us in second even though we were effectively in the mid top ten. I swapped over to floydie and he took the lead for a few and as we started to slip back. Then the server dropped. At first we thought it was floydie after his history of dropouts until TS died, I dropped out, The RSM Server Dropped out and the rFactor Lobby filled up.

Floydie started the second race but got swamped by rickster, niffy and tekky. No idea what happened. Floydie started to climb but up and then had an issue i'm unaware of and went to ninth. He climb back up to second and handed over to me only for the force feeback and centering spring on my wheel to die. I swear bathurst on old tires on top of the hill with no feel what so ever is the scariest thing in a racing game i've ever had to deal with. I ended up sceaming at floydie for the earliest we could come in. It was a good guesstimate cause we finished with 6 litres. We then had 2 23 lap stints to go. Floydie was out flogging it doing high 2:07's while i was installing real feel and doing more offline testing then i've done ever. It was about then we decided we were happy with second and keep going. Floydie handed back to me but the car was not the same thing i drove on Lap 1 to 15 of the first race. I was doing 2:10's and 2:11's but that was good enough to get us home even with the spin i had with 5 laps to go at hell corner. Very happy with the result.

Good job to Worm/Wayno on the win, you guys didn't put a foot wrong and deserved it. I'd also like to congrate Floydie on that epic 2 stints at the start of the 2nd race to get us from 9th to 2nd. Good drive mate, a pleasure to drive with such good steerer, technician and all round top bloke, sorry i was tearing your ear off in TS.Also good job to everyone that finished. I Do understand it finished after midnight in the Eastern States and sunrise in Kiwi Land but finished so early over in the far western lands i was able to enjoy dinner after the race finished. Even if it was cold Razz

With 2 podiums in your enduros from 2 starts here at JFF we will defiantly be back for the Jason Richards Classic and The Brocky memorial next year hopefully with a strong field. Floydie and myself love these races and proved we are a strong combo.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by JFF Scotty Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Stenny, You are certainly a young man who drives and conducts himself in a truely respectful and professional manner years ahead of where your true age lays. Kudos to you mate your a credit to RSM

Great drive from both you and Floydie to take the 2nd spot.

Will see you at the next one mate
JFF Scotty
JFF Scotty
JFF Head Administrator
JFF Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by :RSM:Yaystenny Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 pm

JFF Scotty wrote:Stenny, You are certainly a young man who drives and conducts himself in a truely respectful and professional manner years ahead of where your true age lays. Kudos to you mate your a credit to RSM

Thanks mate, I just try to do the right thing as i don't want to end up with no place to race as it's something i love. Also, Try telling my parents that. Laughing Laughing I got a nice lecture this morning about wasting a whole day playing a racing game instead of doing school stuff. Laughing Laughing
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Paps will have the replays tonight as he already had his hand up last night.
As always mate Thanx for doing the vids.

Thanx to everyone for coming along again.
It's a shame about the server issues.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~wayno Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:00 pm

A big thx to JFF for hosting this event, and well done to the management team for all the hard work that goes into an event of this calibre. When the server went down I could only imagine what was going through your heads, but top job on getting it all back on track.

In a race like this you need 40% skill and 60% luck, and wormy and I had all 60% last night. Everything when to plan, except for the restart of the second race.

Now when you are leading the parade lap and a little confused when to go to race pace susks, but what I did was hold the pace till the start line and then go to race pace but some peaple started to go at the finish line, so if I got it wrong I apologise. But like I said, a little confusing ok very confusing, so will put it into picture form to help people to see what happened.

THE FINISH LINE
JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Jfffinline

RICKSTER MAKES A MOVE
JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Jffrickuptothird

THE START LINE
JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Jffstartline

LEAD CHANGE
JFF Peter Brock Memorial Race Reports Jffleadchange

Dont think it changed the result so all good I think.

Well done to all that raced and a top effort to the podium getters.
Was the longest race I ever competed in and loved it.
OR~wayno
OR~wayno
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papaosa Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Thmpar wrote:Paps will have the replays tonight as he already had his hand up last night.

All good mate, as soon as I get the files I'll be straight onto it ... Wink
Papaosa
Papaosa
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ben_rothberg Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Papaosa wrote:
Thmpar wrote:Paps will have the replays tonight as he already had his hand up last night.

All good mate, as soon as I get the files I'll be straight onto it ... Wink

I have the replays if you want me to upload them?
ben_rothberg
ben_rothberg
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by rev-head Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Well done to wayno and wormy on the win it was a top drive.
A huge thanks to the jff boys for putting this event on,you did a great job lads.
If the winners of this event was been judged on how much fun you had i think the hardcore boys would have won it easy as we all had a bloody ball.
Very Happy
rev-head
rev-head
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad94d Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:43 pm

:RSM:Yaystenny wrote:
JFF Scotty wrote:Stenny, You are certainly a young man who drives and conducts himself in a truely respectful and professional manner years ahead of where your true age lays. Kudos to you mate your a credit to RSM

Thanks mate, I just try to do the right thing as i don't want to end up with no place to race as it's something i love. Also, Try telling my parents that. Laughing Laughing I got a nice lecture this morning about wasting a whole day playing a racing game instead of doing school stuff. Laughing Laughing

Haha! I had the same issue and still do to some extent. I managed to get them to agree to 1 league race a week. I Just finished school, but as soon as you do that the new issue arises, "You should've been helping out around the house actually doing stuff instead of playing games!"

I 2nd Scotty on that. Was very impressed with your pace and respect on track Stenny.

Thanks to my teammate Rothberg too, forgot to mention that in my round report. Sorry to let the team down mate, you drove faultlessly and did everything asked of you. Unfortunately problems at my end counted us out.
Mad94d
Mad94d
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ben_rothberg Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Mad94d wrote:
:RSM:Yaystenny wrote:

Haha! I had the same issue and still do to some extent. I managed to get them to agree to 1 league race a week. I Just finished school, but as soon as you do that the new issue arises, "You should've been helping out around the house actually doing stuff instead of playing games!"

I 2nd Scotty on that. Was very impressed with your pace and respect on track Stenny.

Thanks to my teammate Rothberg too, forgot to mention that in my round report. Sorry to let the team down mate, you drove faultlessly and did everything asked of you. Unfortunately problems at my end counted us out.

Wasn't your fault mate, We had issue's all night and we had a second chance and it wasn't your fault. All good, There's always next year!
ben_rothberg
ben_rothberg
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by :RSM:Yaystenny Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Mad94d wrote:
Yeah i have basically finished school too. 2 More exams and i'm done (Both of them next week). I got them to let me do league races on Saturdays and mondays but they were very hesitant considering i was doing year 12.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by =Dashman= Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 am

Yes, as has been said in posts previous, great night!!
Thats the kinda online racing Im talking about!
If anyone asks you "whats this rfactor all about?"
Show them some highlights from that race.
You'll have trouble pickin em there were so many!!
A public apoligy to my unbelieveably masterious captain
of the aircraft, RevHead.
I crashed out of the game at one point while in spectate(thankfully) right before I was about to take the drivers seat. To get back on, I had to restart my PC and modem.
By the time I got back in, I was so rattled that as I was pulling out of the pits, I realized my wheel calibration was out.
I tried to correct it in the pits while under pit limit.
As I was swinging my wheel back and forth to fix it, I connected with my pit limiter button...
A drive through for speeding in the pits. Revy was very quite after this happened and i was ready to slash my wrists!!
Then to top it all off, We missed each other in a driver change so I double stinted with a wheel that keep shifting calibration cause I actullay never got a chance to get it right!! 40 odd laps with a doggy wheel! Hmm
I recon we did bloody well to finish...and we never repaired damage once.
Oh, I did have one other issue making my race really difficult...My system would freeze every now and then. The biggest freeze lasted 8 seconds!!
Those of you behind me at the time may have noticed that suddenly you were in front of me. Every time I froze, I lost that time on the track. I think my slowest lap without any driver mistakes was 2.32. You guys will understand how demoralizing that was? ...but not to be beaten, I drove as had as I bloody well could to try and even half match Revie's brilliant driving.
But that all said, the experiance could almost be called religious as our Hardcore fellas went through the gammet of emotions from beginning to the end....except Doony. Whenever we asked how he was going, the response..."Im just cruzing brother" smooth!!
I we'll also add the Im guessing Brocky would have been pretty happy with the gentlemans race that occurred in honour of his name.
Great job guys.

=Dashman=

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 am

Sounds like there were more computer/game/server crashes than car crashes. ...Smile. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~Tezza Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 am

Hay Guys ... why was joes post deleted ????
Thinking Ben must be an admin there and didnt like what was posted. ANY way, i aggreed with joe and if you are an admin Ben u should have known better then to do silly shit like that, I seen you for no reason flashing and beeping the horn like a madman, You should set an example and that was a lame excuse there m8, appart form that, Cant wait till next year cheers

DONT DELETE !!!

OR~Tezza
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by =StanDaam= Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 am

Like everyone said, even with the server problem, a most excellent night of dramas and racing geek

VL and myself were a little under prepared but keen as to get out n about in our shiny new skin! I got my first 2.07 in qually so was pretty chuffed with that. We got away pretty good and were in about 10th sitting behind a big clump of cars in front of us. Everything went well in the first couple of stints, ended up 8th before the restart for the 2nd leg.
After the restart we were doing really well for a while (because quite a few of the fast guys were down the rear) sitting near the top 5. Then unfortunately we had a little stack with a pit which then mean't we had to go into ultra fuel saving mode to make our pit stops work. This turned into an epic drama and heaps of fun at the end. The scenario ended with us rolling down conrod on the last lap, fuel on 0, smacking into the pitwall trying to hold speed, a quick spurt to get over the line and everyone fell about laughing like madmen.
Excellent event JFF, heaps of fun, mucho enjoyed jocolor
=StanDaam=
=StanDaam=
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by =VLGroupA= Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 am

As Stan said, we rocked up at the track a little unprepared due to lack of time for practice ect. quickly got a setup together that seemed to like Stan better than me, but all was good. Threw him in the car for qually and Baam 2.07 gooo Stan ol'son, and i thought "it's orn now".
We had a great pace going with Stan doing the numbers whilst i just held position, until about lap 100, where i'm not quite sure what happened (possible too much bourbon by this time, just sayin) but i managed to have a rear lockup coming into skyline which resulted in a tap of the wall and a rear righ puncture, Boooo! Limped her back to the pits screaming over teamspeak for "a quick driver change?". No response, as Stan was off getting "drinks" for his stint haha! AAgghh, so i had a double stint and a full bladder for the next hour.
Was some awesome battles throughout the field and we seemed to be battling with the same teams for the entire race which was fantastic (bloody Schids/Rookie car wouldn't leave us alone). Then with fuel stratagies taking over at the end and the drama of no fuel on the final lap hahahah.
Massive thanks to the JFF boys for hosting the race and to my fello Hardcorians for one of the best nights racing I've had for a long time, we'll be back.
The amount of fun was epic indeed, and as Schids found out when he dropped into our teamspeak channel it was a very enjoyable race, but i call for a restart as Stan and I are ready now!!

VL

=VLGroupA=
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by JFF Scotty Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:39 am

If we had a known you were not ready!Shocked

Lemme just get everyone together and we'll do it again lol!
JFF Scotty
JFF Scotty
JFF Head Administrator
JFF Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tekky Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 pm

StickyRubbers wrote:Great job admins for getting through last nights issues, a fantastic race, wd,
and thanks to "Pagnian" for getting behind the event.

Congrats to Wayno and Worm on their 1st place, a cut above the rest last night,
Congrats also to Yaystenny and Floydie on their 2nd place.
Well done to all competitors for their driving standards, congrats to all that finished, great acheivment in itself.

Our night started off pretty uneventfull, good start and great first stint to get up to 3rd by Tekky, then my turn,
and as has happened in the past i come out of pits to find a car with default set up, which cost us over 30sec, dropped to 8th for that stint.
Tekky in for the 3rd stint, while Tekky started pulling back the lost time, i was rebooting system, when disaster (Hypernia) struck, then the restart.
Now with the actual car set up working in my car i was now able to hold position on track.

We were pretty much battling for 3rd pos going into last stint, then disaster struck again, with a slight server glitch causing Tekkys graphics card to take some LSD by the sound of it, white snow/dirt track looking roads etc etc, all this took place on conrod so lucky to not bin it, then tekky not being able to clearly see the road and dropping seconds per lap gave madison a sniff at the podium, thankfully (although very risky) tekkys pc decided to crash to descktop as well, well done avoiding us madison, but once tekky got it all back up on screen all was well again, and the battle for the final podium commenced again, with no more glitches and a brilliant drive from Tekky we snuck it onto the podium.
Great battle Madison and Ben, what could have been for either team if the gremlins stayed away ?.......

Had a great night, look forward to the next.

My night was exactly how sticky tells it.

Thanks JFF & Pagnian for putting the race together.

Well done to the winners and 2nd place.
Thanks to Madison for an epic battle in the last stint. Clean fast driving mate !!

Most of all, thanks to Sticky. Great drive under pressure (Default Setup), putting together an awesome car setup, great strategy, but most of all for keeping me calm in the last stint......The pressure was huge from Madison, but we got that podium in the end.

Can't wait for the next one!!

Cheers.
Tekky
Tekky
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshburdon Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

devilracer87 wrote:Great event to be a part of. Loved every minute of what we were a part of.

Qualifying... second to last.

First race... Were making the most of people dropping out. Did driver swap, co-driver changed the lcd display thingy and bang we were out.

Second start. Co driver started, did 21 laps. Changed over... No problems with anything. Co driver gets back in in another 18 laps (I'd damaged it a bit. Woops). Same thing as the previous attempt.

Ahh well that's computers for you.

Thanks heaps guys.

Dev

Was awesome fun, I had alot better race pace than I did Qualifying pace, so I kind of knew Dev would do a better job than me in qualifying.

Had to get through a couple of slower cars, one of them wouldn't let me past, until I'd say he had had enough of me and just let me past. I lost heaps of time trying to get past him, probably lost about 10 secs over the 5 laps or so I was behind him for.

Like Dev said, I had problems with changing Displays, server thing I'm guessing? I done another online race that night, and it was fine? Me and Dev done some pit stop practice the night before, and it was all fine.

But yeah, can't wait for the next endurance race!
Joshburdon
Joshburdon
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by GAZZA-JFF Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Well I'm just getting over that race now....What a great night of racing!

Congrats to Wayno and Worm on a great win. Just and excellent drive guys.
Also, congrats to Yaystenny and Floydie on a top drive for 2nd and Tekky and Sticky for a hard fought 3rd.

A big thanks to Pits for teaming with me and putting up with me in the lead up to and throughout the race.....
It was great to sit back and watch some really cool driving mate...and you didn't touch a wall. Also staying up until past 3am and driving like that is awesome.

We had some great battles throughout the night, which kept it interesting and made the time to seem to just fly.

Thanks to everyone on track for making this event so much fun. Looking forward to the next one.....

Cheers
Gazza

GAZZA-JFF
GAZZA-JFF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~WORM Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Well what a race. I know you guys will hate me for saying this but it was probably one of the easiest nights racing I've had. Not because I was super fast but my teamy Wayno did all the hard work. I felt like a noob just jumping in the car for a stint here and there and watching Wayno do all the hard work, he was unstoppable on the night and all praise goes to him.
I honestly don't remember having to battle anyone except Yastenny in that 1st stint because Wayno did such a killer job.
But a top job to all that finished and to JFF for holding such a great event.
OR~WORM
OR~WORM
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~WORM Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 pm

PS: Since Wayno and I affectively won the race twice do we get double the prize money? Very Happy
OR~WORM
OR~WORM
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papaosa Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Papaosa
Papaosa
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm

And to think I was going to watch Dexter. ssshhh plz it's just starting 46 minutes wooo hoo Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Brilliant Paps, enough said.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by :RSM:Yaystenny Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Absolutely Awesome Paps. All except me driving down pitlane. Way to make me sad Sad
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

well thats 46 minutes of my life i wont get back. thanks.

Oh and i dont want it back either. PAPS YOU ARE THE MAN.

F me that was bloody awesome mate, bloody fantastic in deed. im just blown away here.

Seeing that makes me more proud to be a part of the whole event.

Im serious, im sending that to v8 Xtra, V8 supercars and see what they have to say. Also going to send it to the teams of V8sc.

just out standing work mate really is. Congrats.
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by JFF Scotty Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 am

My ghast has been well and truely flabbered!

That is the most awsome thing to watch, brings a lump to the throat
JFF Scotty
JFF Scotty
JFF Head Administrator
JFF Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~wayno Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 am

Now that's what I call a vid, awesome well done.
I want to do it again, the race that is, all reved up and no race to go to, will just have to wait till next year. Bugga.
OR~wayno
OR~wayno
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by rev-head Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

Now thats what you call a race video,top job Paps.
cheers
rev-head
rev-head
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 am

Shocked Wow.. what did I just see ?

It's almost a movie, well a short film, and it is BRILLIANTLY made. I can see the difference in quality with the new puter doing the job now.

Awesome stuff paps.. will be hard to do better than this one.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ben_rothberg Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Wow Paps, Awesome job mate!!!!
ben_rothberg
ben_rothberg
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by OR~WORM Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Excellent, off to the Canns film awards with that 1.
OR~WORM
OR~WORM
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JFF Scotty Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Just a heads up fellas
The Awards are almost ready, Im just resizing them
JFF Scotty
JFF Scotty
JFF Head Administrator
JFF Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next