JFF-Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hotlaps
 photo HotlapsImagecopy2_zpsef8c5e02.gif
NEXT EVENT

RFACTOR 2
LAGUNA SECA

MON 13TH-QUAL 8PM

Teamspeak
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

+22
Rick
Papaosa
MozzMann
OzLoUdmoUth
=StanDaam=
OzSquizza
Nifty
METAL666
Schids
GAZZA-JFF
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
obbzy
Dayne Powell
TheROOKIE
ORA-Pits
Knightwolf
Blaktop
StickyRubbers
JadeShark
ORA-Oldie
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
Thmpar
26 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 6 Empty Re: Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

Post by ORA-Pits Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:02 am

Ive put my setup on my website, just incase either Rook or me can't make it, just so if there's a spare driver that had the same problem they can get it and race, if anyone else wants their setup up there as well yell out. This would of helped in the simracer 6 hour.

Rookie if your here today jump on TS so we can setup the whisper stuff ok

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 6 Empty Re: Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

Post by ORA-Oldie Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 am

Blaktop got it in one.. it is RACE DAY!!

Oldie's race day preparations are as follows...

1. Do not do any mowing, housework or other physical activities prior to race start... gotta keep your strength up.

2. Granny nap for an hour or two well before race start.

3. Lots of Coffee ready to go

4. Teen Girly Monster taken to work for the night

5. Mobile phone turned off.

6. Buy take away crap for dinner.

7. Turn on Race PC after wiping the burger grease from my hands.

8. Pray to the ancient Gods of Speed for a good night's running.

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:17 am

Compared to Oldie my day must be a fail.
1. Already mowing and whipper snipping. Rolling Eyes
2. Lunch.
3. Down the local Cricket Ground for a few beers and watch some cricket.
4. Jump on line about 5 and try a couple of sets Stan has.
5. 5:55 Do Rock, paper, scissors with Stan on who is going to Qually...he is going to win Very Happy
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 am

Can anyone shed some light on why this happens.
I have a momentary freezing issue with this mod and this track, sort of intermitent so it happens once every coupla hours. Over 240 laps probably happened 5 times. The screen goes blank for about 2-5 secs then comes back. Its wierd. On the replay my car stops on a dime then actually goes backwards or sinks into the tarmac and the camera follows where it thinks the car should be, then pans back and then the car launches instantly back up to the initial speed before the freeze.
This is only the 2nd mod I have ever had this prob.
Any ideas?
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 am

I had the same problem skids, thats why i put another drive in with just TS and RF, sorted it for me

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Greens-Tuf [JFF] Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:50 am

Old Frt wrote:Blaktop got it in one.. it is RACE DAY!!

Oldie's race day preparations are as follows...

1. Do not do any mowing, housework or other physical activities prior to race start... gotta keep your strength up.

2. Granny nap for an hour or two well before race start.

3. Lots of Coffee ready to go

4. Teen Girly Monster taken to work for the night

5. Mobile phone turned off.

6. Buy take away crap for dinner.

7. Turn on Race PC after wiping the burger grease from my hands.

8. Pray to the ancient Gods of Speed for a good night's running.

Mine is not going well. Had a workmate's retirement drinks last night and didnt get a long enough sleep. Missus goes to work for the day and my youngest has so far vomitted 4 times. I have had the couch covers, floor mat, cushions, his clothes all soaking and I have cleaned up the floor area's. I assume gaestro bug.......... Missus home before race start. Hope I havent got it........... (Sorry Gazza)
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
JFF Treasurer
JFF Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 am

ORA-Pits wrote:I had the same problem skids, thats why i put another drive in with just TS and RF, sorted it for me
I don't have the luxury of another Drive but it is on it's own Lite install.
Maybe if I put in its own track install rather than a shared one and use DX8.
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:25 pm

I sure hope it works out okay Greens.. poor little fella must feel like crap after all that vomiting.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:34 pm

4. Jump on line about 5 and try a couple of sets Stan has.
5. 5:55 Do Rock, paper, scissors with Stan on who is going to Qually...he is going to win Very Happy

Hey Skids you may wanna edit your time line as the race starts at 6pm..... qualy starts at 5pm

But Unlike Oldie's day plan mine is a fail too,

1) Work
2)Buy Iced Coffee
3)Shopping for wool -- For the Mrs to Crochet
4)Get More Iced Coffee
5)Watch Scotty Qualify and Start Race
6)Get Kids Tea Ready.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Maybe if I put in its own track install rather than a shared one and use DX8.

Would be worth a shot, May not even need to run the DX8 just its own track might be enough,
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OzSquizza Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:52 pm

My day has gone and is going like this:

1)Attempt to race the IndyCar on iRacing at Suzuka (That failed cos I was taken out)
2)Attempt the next IndyCar race, but no-one else turned up.
3)Work on my Physics, English and Graphics Assignments
4)Keep working on my Assignments
5)Most likely qualy the #11 car and start the race
6)Swap places with Ando in the pit stops
7)Celebrate the victory afterwards.........................oh wait, the race hasn't started yet..................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OzSquizza
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Skids, everything off, virus protection, email etc and make sure you don't have a power setups for powering down hard drives etc, screensavers and backgrounds, updates and firewalls off, ingame, replay at low res and dx8. If you have xphome/pro get "end it all"

"7)Celebrate the victory afterwards.........................oh wait, the race hasn't started yet.."
good luck Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:20 pm

ORA-Pits wrote:Ive put my setup on my website, just incase either Rook or me can't make it, just so if there's a spare driver that had the same problem they can get it and race, if anyone else wants their setup up there as well yell out. This would of helped in the simracer 6 hour.

Rookie if your here today jump on TS so we can setup the whisper stuff ok

Bailed from the 370km round trip to the sister's. So I'll be fresh, meet up with you on TS when ever you want Wink
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OzLoUdmoUth Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Well my day has been a little like Skids so far in regards to the mowing and whipper snipping... We have an extremely tropical back yard with over 22 types of palms and it has been well over 6 months since our last major cleanup so yesterday a mini skip was delivered and today at 7am the fun began and I have just called it quits now at 12.28pm...

About to crack my first scotch, have a bite to eat and then maybe an early arvo nanna nap to give me back some much needed energy.

Good luck to one and all tonight!!

OzLoUdy
OzLoUdmoUth
OzLoUdmoUth
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by StickyRubbers Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:47 pm

SkidMarks wrote:Can anyone shed some light on why this happens.
I have a momentary freezing issue with this mod and this track, sort of intermitent so it happens once every coupla hours. Over 240 laps probably happened 5 times. The screen goes blank for about 2-5 secs then comes back. Its wierd. On the replay my car stops on a dime then actually goes backwards or sinks into the tarmac and the camera follows where it thinks the car should be, then pans back and then the car launches instantly back up to the initial speed before the freeze.
This is only the 2nd mod I have ever had this prob.
Any ideas?

i had exact issue for months, then upgraded vid card and hasnt occured since (about 6 months), maybe try turning down graphics a little..
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Can someone post up either here or the main thread what the start times are state by state? just a little unsure on which state all the times are based off, cheers
Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:00 pm

As far as I'm aware KW it's based on Daylight savings time for NSW and Vic..
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Greens-Tuf [JFF] Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:09 pm

TheROOKIE wrote:As far as I'm aware KW it's based on Daylight savings time for NSW and Vic..
Correct Rook

Qual: 5pm Vic and NSW - 4pm in QLD and 4:30pm in SA

Race start one hour after that
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
JFF Treasurer
JFF Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks for having me all, it was a great fantastic race. Everyone I diced with was very fair, and aside from a couple of backmarkers, you guys are the best I've ever raced with.

Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:11 am

I really want to thank Thmpar and JFF for hosting this Fantastic event. There is a great amount of effort that goes into running any online series, events, and race's like this one. BIG UPS TO YOU. cheers cheers cheers

Thmpar, My appreciation really goes out to you for letting me ride along side you and make up for the mistake i made in the 24/6 endurance we did. We didn't really have a strategy nor had we done much praccy together, but we sorted things out after some very close calls, no pedals, change of partner, partner lost, pedals came, arrrrrh. We put together a great race to finish up 8th pos.

We did well mate and i thoroughly enjoyed my racing. Never had outright pace, but we stayed minimally off the walls and kept the time off the track to a minimum. WELL DONE MATE, great guy to drive/partner with. Very Happy

To the all the forum and sim-racers who participated, congrats to all who finished, bad luck to those who had drop out's, dnf's etc.

I think is saw some of the best racing today/tonight. Faster racers and those with not as much pace racing in there own race, mindful of those faster around them, trying to minimize holding up others. A great finish to the race, you could not have scripted it that's for sure. Webber, i am happy to say that your re-address showed great character. Hats off.

CONGRATS TO THE PODIUM PLACERS

Well deserved to you all and to all those who competed, just awesome. Definitely putting this race in my calendar for next year. Thanks all for the fantastic racing.

Scotty

DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:14 am

Another great night out, lots of moments, just a quick observation, lights are used to let the guy know your there, continual flashing is demanding you to pull over. A good race for us between the two G's and we lost it lol, that's what happens if you hit things early on.
Thanks guys and a big WD for doing this.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 am

First off I'd like to thank Thmpar and the JFF crew for putting this on. I'm well aware of the work and effort that goes in behind the scenes to run an event like this.....and then there was all the server dramas in the few day prior......top effort guys.

Team DoubleShot Racing had a drama filled evening. Fletch's system decided it didn't want to play right before race time. We got into the server a couple of hours early to do some driver swaps and make sure we had all the setups right etc etc. All went well, driver swaps were smooth and then about 30 mins before qual a thunderstorm came through town, there was a power drop/surge that shut down his comp. When he got fired up again, every time we'd do a driver swap his game would crash.

Qually time and Fletch hit the track, got part way up Mountain Straight and everything went down. I rang him and said I would do qual while he got it sorted. I went out on my race set with less fuel and managed to qual 8th. Back to the garage to find Fletch couldn't even stay in TS. Mozzman's teamie hadn't been able to make it so we signed him up on the spot as a replacement for Fletch. All this before the race even started....hehe.

As a result the race strategy went out the window and we just hit the track, winging it all the way. Mozz had a few incidents with "immovable" so some of the stints weren't optimal length and we did a couple more stops than planned. By the time I got in the car for the final 15 laps we were the last car still running and the OzDD/Loudy car was 29 secs in front. I leaned forward and rounded them up with about 5 laps to go so happy not be the last running car.

We had a few mishaps along the way.....I did a whole stint with the car seriously off pace because Fix Body was selected instead of Fix All in the previous pit stop but it was all good.considering at qual time it looked like we weren't even going to get a start.

Thanks to Mozzman's teamie for not showing and making Mozz available as a ring in for Fletch.

Congrats to the pointy end of the field and well done to everyone who finished. Looking forward to next year already.... Very Happy

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:17 am

Gutted for Fletch, all the time/laps car testing that man put in.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:28 am

Great race jff.We fought hard trying to make up the gap but the 2 front runners were to quick. Top effort by my teamate papaosa. Not bad for a couple of oldies Smile. My only gripe was the continual chatter that was not neccesary. Its not easy to drive when you have people with uneeded chatter. Teamspeak is used for a reason. To stop people having to type. Its not easy to drive when there,s continual boxes flashing up in your screen. A lot of this chatter was not needed and imo disrespectfull of all drivers on track. ( No im not talking about things like pit in pit out).Anyway thanks JFF for putting on a great race.Cheers.

Nifty
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 6 Empty Wow, what an event!!!!

Post by Greens-Tuf [JFF] Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 am

Wow, what an event!!!!

Absolutely hats off to Thmpar. His free time was thin on the ground to say the least with other matters on his mind but somehow he organised this event from the Server, Race Details, blah blah and with some juicy issues cropping up over the last few days he kept on plugging away and didnt throw in the towel once. From me, JFF Racing members and the rFactor community a big Thank You!!! Additionally thanks to the members of other communities who offered various options/things to chip in and help. Fantastic!

To the race itself:
My race day lead up was unfortunate and found myself in the 12's not 11's where I'd hope I'd be lapping. This took the sting out of the fast and clean driving from my Teamie Gazza who ran faultless all race, and with the double stint at the end of the race, held off a fast finishing Rookie. Like Pitsy said if it wasnt for clouting the wall you boys would have had 5th.

18 cars on the grid with 15 finishing (with most on the pace) was way better than I thought would happen. To have the last lap of the 161 lap race come down to a battle for 1st and another battle with Nifty and Sticky for 3rd place was unreal. Well done to all those that finished and cranked out car speed lap after lap and to those that kept battling when any hiccup arose.

Congrats to TeamOz drivers Ando and Squiz and an 'almost' to Webber and K George. Good to see Ando you didnt lose the plot with the tags from Webber and good to see a redress of positions before the Chequer Flag Webber. Would have been fansinating to be physically with Ando or Webber on the last lap. The emotion and mental thoughts that must of went on during that 2 minute lap!!! There was probably 10 pairs of eyes watching your last few laps (plus me taking in the battle for 3rd also plus checking in on the Bundy/Redheads Falcon with Gazza at the wheel!)

Again Thmpar you have raised the bar of Brock's Annual Memorial Race at JFF. Great work. Fullstop.
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
JFF Treasurer
JFF Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:41 am

What an event! Bloody brilliant, from the planning and fixing things stage all the way down to running the event on the night.. simply brilliant work there JFF.

Team Coke had an interesting experience as Knightwolf landed in the server moments before I was about to finish the first timed lap in Qualy.. aborted that so Phil could do the job as planned.

The first race was looking good with us in 4th place and right behind 3rd.. then came the restart.. which Phil did even better with and got us up into 3rd then 2nd.

That left me feeling weird as I have never been in that situation in a driver swap enduro before.. so I got all nervous about whether I could do the job well enough to keep us there.

And those nerves made it hard once I got in the driver's seat.. could not settle down and get into the flow like I had in praccy sessions... so I was off even my own pace. But kept it going and made up 5th and 4th spot that we lost in the pitstop.. so we were back in a nice 3rd spot with 2nd in view.

Until I spun it over the mountain near the end of the stint.. only gave it a couple of dents and headed to pits.. which was when Knightwolf's controller with SLI decided to not play the game anymore.. so he was stuck with the Pit Limiter on.

Got lots of damage when hit up by another car.. didn't see the Yellow Flags there mate?? So Phil had to putt around the lap to the pits for me to take over while he fixed his controller assigments.

That lap was 10:34 and dropped us from a confortable 3rd to dead last and 3 laps down!!

But it got better in our last two stints as we managed to get back on pace again and hunt down the lap and a half we needed to catch and pass Loud/DD and then keep going to make up ground on Blaktop.. which we did and that put is into Not Last.. a much better position to be in, lol.

Brilliant driving all night by everyone I saw.. bit hard to unlap yourself when you have good pace on and the at the time slower leaders won't let you past though isn't it? Oh well, no love lost there.

All in all.. we got exactly what Bathurst provides.. a rollercoaster ride of happy and not happy, hard racing, high spots and lows.. and all of which adds up to make a briliant night's racing.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:48 am

What a race.
Thanks to StanDaam for teaming up with me, throwing a setup at me on the day with a 1 wing was a bit of a concern but I managed to get him to double it to a 2 Rolling Eyes Still we had race pace, just a bit more sphincter clenching than was planned. Happy with 7th as all of the guys ahead were fast.
My 1 and only apology goes to OzAgro, I passed him in the race and then as we are coming into the last corner I get a Far&($ Java Update popup and close my Rfactor screen, Agro rearended me as I hit the brakes, sorry mate.
WD to OzAndo and OzSquizza, top effort guys, never really found out why Webber started from the pits, might have been a different outcome. The 2 Amigos might have won cheers
Couldn't catch Pits and Rookie, everytime I was driving Rookie was driving and we lapped at the same speed always 20-24secs in front...Then on the 2nd last stint they got away to 50+ secs. Still was good fun. I tried distracting him with whispers but to no avail.

Great seeing all of the communities together.

Greens-Tuf wrote:
Absolutely hats off to Thmpar. His free time was thin on the ground to say the least with other matters on his mind but somehow he organised this event from the Server, Race Details, blah blah and with some juicy issues cropping up over the last few days he kept on plugging away and didnt throw in the towel once. From me, JFF Racing members and the rFactor community a big Thank You!!!
+1 an example of his dedication was when OzSax's car was taken over by ET (AI) I texted Thmp who was in the bog at the time so he texts back zips up and sorts it out.

Old Frt wrote:
Brilliant driving all night by everyone I saw.. bit hard to unlap yourself when you have good pace on and the at the time slower leaders won't let you past though isn't it? Oh well, no love lost there.
Thats unfortunate Oldie, we let you straight through because as far as we were concerned we weren't racing you at the time.
Really BL Knightwolf, great character not throwing in the towel then and there.

Well done to =Doon= and Spacko also. This was also their 1st Enduro and to be finishing in 9th was a great effort. =Doon= having Screen freezes similar to what I was (but didn't in race) having causing him grief.
As mentioned BL to OzSax and OzJack and =Knuckles= and =Racin24-7= for AI getting the better of them. Very Happy

Thanks All.
Skids.
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OzLoUdmoUth Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Huge Thanks to JFF and Thmpar!!! A truly successfull event !
CONGRATS to OzAndo and OzSquizza for their win, well done guys - Awesome Drive!

OzDD and I had one intention and that was to get the TeamOz #69 Commodore home in one piece and to complete the gruelling 161 lap race. A DNF was not on the agenda and although we were the last car running, we achieved what we set out to do... And that was finish! A position that some obviously feel they're too good for however it was better than being back in the garage prematurely.

Commiserations to all that didn't make race distance in particular my teamie's OzSax and OzJack (who had their car highjacked by AI at the driver change) and OzHilly and OzKillerKiwi who sustained a connection lost. Bad Luck Guys!

Thoroughly enjoyable race experience with some great driving and exciting battles along the way... Thanks JFF, you can count on TeamOz to be involved in next years Peter Brock Memorial

R.I.P Brocky
1945 - 2006

OzLoUdmoUth
OzLoUdmoUth
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm still excited that so many finished this long event.. seriously.

It goes to show the quality of drivers in the field to get 18 on the grid and 14 made it home after 161 laps.

That says a lot.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papaosa Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks JFF and Thmpar for putting on what was a great event, Like has already been said it was also cool to see such a good turnout from various different communities with some top racing from all.

To be honest I didn't even give this race a thought untill last weekend when I got a call from Nifty asking if I could co-drive the Team Nypho car with him after his original partner was unable to make it. Pre race Nifty began to experienace pc dramas so I ended up qualifying and starting the race, something I was definitly not prepared for as the "Co-Driver", I dont know what it is about this place but it always seems to throw up this wierd shit thats not experianced at other events/tracks...I suppose thats what Bathurst is all about hey!

Strangely enough I managed to qualy the car in 4th, and apart from a small mis-judgment on my part at the start into the first turn [were i gave away 3 positions], Nifty and I had a relatively trouble free run the whole night, with him punchin out the fast laps and me keep the car in position in my stints, We couldnt have asked for a better ending to the night with myself and Sticky battling right down to the wire for the last podium postion to finally hold onto 3rd.

A trully 'Great Race' guys one that I'll defintely be back for next year.. Cool

Cheers,
Paps

Last edited by Papaosa on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Papaosa
Papaosa
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by obbzy Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Sounds like it was a great night, pity I had to miss it.
Well done to the podiums, and to everyone that finished,
great effort. Fantastic to see that steves & sticky got a top
result in the MHDT car. Great choice in teamy there steves
as I don't think you would've finished quite so high up the list if
I was racing with ya.

To Dayne123 & AnthoneyGT, who borrowed the Bill Patterson skin
from me, keep practising guys, practise, practise, practise. It's the
only way to get better, & maybe next year will be a better result.

I'm definitely gonna keep this date in my diary free next year
(no-one else better have a 'surprise b'day planned, cos
I won't be goin'!!! No ).

Catch yas around
Cheers
obbzy
obbzy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by GAZZA-JFF Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:53 pm

What a great night!
A massive thank you to Thmpar for putting on this event. You've certainly put this event on the annual must do list and put JFF out there as a great place to race.

Congratulations to Squizza and Ando on a great win and to everyone that finished, great effort. Just finishing an event like this is like winning. After all the practice everyone puts in before race day and then to bring the car home at the end of the race is a great feeling, no matter where you finish. If anything there may be a little bragging rights, hey Pits.....
Fantastic to see so many from different communities get into this event and the quality of drivers across the whole field was top notch.

Thank you to Greens for asking me to team up for this event. We had a great battle with the Pits/Rookie car the whole race, each with our own issues and to get home ahead of them was a great effort.

Bad luck to those that had drop out issues, especially to Fletch (to do over 800 laps praci and just miss getting into the race is heart breaking). I would love to see the day when a race can run with no issues.

Again, great effort from Thmpar for sorting everything that was thrown at him on and off the track last night.

Cheers
Gazza
GAZZA-JFF
GAZZA-JFF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:12 pm

A position that some obviously feel they're too good for however it was better than being back in the garage prematurely.
Not at all Loudy.....this is a race, if you can pick up a place.....you do. I would have been quite happy to finish last....finishing was at the top of my list of priorities for the night.....but if I could finish further up the field, I would try to do that as well.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Old Frt wrote:I'm still excited that so many finished this long event.. seriously.
It goes to show the quality of drivers in the field to get 18 on the grid and 14 made it home after 161 laps.
That says a lot.
Yer I agree it took a while for the Fact to register that No! we weren't going to pick up a couple of places through Drivers making mistakes, no bugger in front of us would, which was both disappointing but impressive at the same time. And the guys from 3rd down were probably thinking the same.
Awesome display...not a bad mod I reckon. You hearing me Thmpar n& Greens...NOT A BAD MOD! afro
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Rook and I felt we were far to good to be last and actually just far to good in every way, turned we were bloody hopeless and were far to bad to be on the track Smile.
Race report. Gazza drove away from Rookie and Pits and is getting just to good. I smashed up the car in the dipper head first and Rook was a champ.
We knew we were midfield in this field and knew if we hit stuff we would suffer in the last 40 laps where its needed but to Qually 3rd gave us some false hope. I hate light flashing end of story, I know your there and you know I'm there and everyone knows I'm about to be lapped, don't rub it in I have a complex enough already plus my ego has been all litten up:).

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by OzDoubleD Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks to JFF for such a great event and to OzLoudmouth for being my team mate.

It was my first go at an endurance race longer than 90 minuets also the first time at driver swaps. (long time since I been a virgin at anything).
Our only goal was to drive a fully functional car across the finish line and I had the pleasure of doing that so the rest doesn't matter.

I hope I didn't hold anybody up. I was making every effort to give way to lapping cars as soon as I felt it was safe to do so, but they all seemed to catch up going down through the Dipper & Forest Elbow and at that part of the track my main concern is to just not prang the thing, so you may not have got past through there as quick as you wanted to.

Last edited by OzDoubleD on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You don't need me bitching in you forums :))

OzDoubleD
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Any chance of getting a server replay available at any time Thmpar.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Blaktop wrote:Any chance of getting a server replay available at any time Thmpar.

Here Blaky
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm

It needs to be renamed to show in your replay list and takes a long time to load as its so large,
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Well Guys what can i say other than Damn that was an epic race.

After starting the planning for this event in July its nice to see it come together in the last few days the way it did,
After the server issue's arising i was almost reduced to a huddled up ball rocking in the corner muttering to myself, But i dodged that luckily and instead fixed the issue's.

Yet again Thanx goes out to Old-Frt for putting the skin pack together Oz-Hilly for last minute fixing of the grid for a restart, Still have no idea why the grid had changed the way it did, The only thing i can put it down to was doing driver changes during warm-up, So i will remember that for next time,

Thanx to all the support from all the communities that turned up, Team Oz, ORA,Hells Gate, KSR , Hard Core and the list goes on,
It was great to see so many drivers that i have raced against before plus all the new ones that came over just for this event , I hope that you will all drop in for a race when you get time before this time next year,

Thanx To All the guys who offered us Race / Teamspeak Servers during our lead up and on Saturday night, I really thought the server would stand up ok seeing it was only running the Ts server and nothing else but it appears that wasn't going to be the case,

This is the first full length enduro that we have run, These teething issues are just little lessons we learn along the way, When the next years Enduro season restarts we shall alot wiser to it all.

Thanx to Scotty for piloting the car with me again, As you may know we don't have a very good record for finishing these events especially at Bathurst, But to finish this one and to finish 8th was just a treat,
As Scotty said we never really had a race plan other that drive it till the tyres run out and it Coughs then come in,
All started well except mid race we went to stop and for some reason we never changed drivers, I m sitting in my sim watching my car drive out swearing at scotty thinking we got AI'd as well, But it turns out scotty was still driving anyways, All good it worked in our favor anyways as it put us about 5 laps ahead on the pit stop strategy and meant we only had 1 3/4 stints to the end where others were looking at 2 stints (By our Calculations).

From half race on i was watching the gap between our selves and Reaper/Agro closing and opening up throughout all the stints, It was even more concerning when in the last stint those names became Doon/Spacko but it all worked in our favour. I was putting together some nice mid to low 11's scotty was telling me the gap and seemed a bit concerned as i was pushing to make the 10's, Close but no Cigar.
Scotty put together good consistent stints seeing his prac time was really cut short due to his pedal failure and the parts not coming till friday.
Well done mate.......WE FINISHED.... cheers

Dayne / AnthoneyGT as many i was a bit concerned about these young guys starting the race as going by the LiveRacers they had done next to no laps
and hadn't finished many of the ones they started,
But i congratulate you guys as you did what was needed and watched your mirror's and stayed out of the of the faster guys and kept it real clean, It was unfortunate for Dayne's game to crash and put you guys out,
As suggested guys keep doing the hard yards, Practice practice practice and keep racing as often as you can with whoever you can,
No matter who you ask or how fast they are as a driver everyone started in the same spot at the very beginning,
If you have some faster drivers offer help grab it with both s hands, Hope to see you guys around the servers at times,

Bad luck to OzSax / Oz Jack & Knuckles / Racin24 for the AI Intervention, and also to OzHilly / OzKillerKiwi for the drop out as well,

Well done to all it was great to see 18 cars on the grid for the first JFF enduro it certainly give's me something to strive for next year,

Well done to all the podium getter's There will be some virtual bling coming and looking at anther idea to that can be put up at TeamOz till next year.

Again thanx to all the guys that showed up,Cause with out you guys coming along to support such events, They never come to light.

Rob
Sleep

Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks for the awesome race guys. Had a great time.

Also want to give a big thanks to Oldy for letting me be his teamy for the event. Great driver and an even better bloke.

Started from 6th, Car felt awesome during the first stint and began picking off cars one by one, had a great battle with sticky, papaosa, pits and got up into 2nd and stayed there for most of the stint until a lack of concentration had me off road in the chase. Pitted from 4th spot. Oldy jumped in and drove fantastic, got back up in to second and things were looking good.

We must have run over a black cat somewhere, as what happened next can only be described as extreme bad luck, Oldy spun coming down through skyline which forced a pit earlier than planned by a couple of laps. I then jumped in the car after the pitstop and when exitting the pits i tried to turn off the speed limiter and it didnt work, the SLI had stopped working which had my Pit Lane Button assigned to it. Ended up jumping out of my chair and was hotswapping USB plugs trying to get the bastard to work. Appologies for any accidents caused on mountain straight. Had to endure a 10 minute lap going at 40km/h. Finally got back around to the pits and let oldy have the car, it was the only way to get going again. (That was the only occasion the SLI did not work after a hotswap, as it worked perfect for the rest of the night). Going to look into a way of having multiple button/key mappings so that if something does go wrong things can be salvaged.

This put us from 2nd to dead last by about 2 Laps and also 4 Laps off the lead. We were both gutted. All I could really say was "lets finish and try and snag a top 10".

It actually became a really fun challenge, after some 60 Laps of us driving the wheels off the thing, Oldy was in the car when we finally went past Loudmouth. Another 10 laps later and we were past Blaktop.

There was even a stage where both the lead cars were duelling for position and oldy had snuck up behind them and even was able to unlap himself.

In the end we managed to finish 11th, 5 Laps down.

Going by the pace we had and the time we lost, we worked out we could have been around 3rd spot towards the end of the race fighting it out with Sticky/Steve and Nifty/Papaosa. Would have been awesome to be there but it wasnt to be. Hopefully we get our redemption next year.

The standard of driving by all was by far the best ive seen, everyone drove exceptional races and the passing was clean. As well as having over 30 odd drivers competing on the night as well as a few unlucky non starters, this event is a winner.

Well done on the Oz lads, Ando and Squizz on the win, and a bit of bad luck but good sportsmanship to Webber at the end to redress from the lead. great drive from Nifty/Papaosa for 3rd and the Stickyrubbers/Steve combo in 4th.

Well done for everyone else for getting thru the 6hrs unscathed and providing great battles right thru the field.

Looking forward to the next one.

Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 am

Do I feel a six weekly 161 lap enduro at the mountain coming on, if not there should be, this is what it's all about.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 pm

ORA-Pits wrote:Do I feel a six weekly 161 lap enduro at the mountain coming on, if not there should be, this is what it's all about.

Pitsy, if we did that then i feel the race we have an look forward to would not be the same.

Although it would be good to do some longer enduro stuff, like in a series. with driver swaps etc. maybe some older TCM cars with the older tracks like back in the 88/89 WTCC.
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Absolutely,

With Bathurst though a big one once a year is enough.

If using the same mod, I would be keen doing a full single race Clipsal 500 with hotswaps around March.

Any takers? bounce

Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by obbzy Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Knightwolf wrote:Absolutely,

With Bathurst though a big one once a year is enough.

If using the same mod, I would be keen doing a full single race Clipsal 500 with hotswaps around March.

Any takers? bounce

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, tasty! Smile
Count me in on that one.
obbzy
obbzy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Well well well. I was thinking ahead to another shorter hotswap race in these for early next year.
If there is a real good sandown floating around that could be a goer.
Stay tuned.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Thmpar wrote:Well well well. I was thinking ahead to another shorter hotswap race in these for early next year.
If there is a real good sandown floating around that could be a goer.
Stay tuned.

MMMM Sandown

But not that FVR one, that ones a bit of a pig
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by =Doon= Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:35 pm

why not try a american road track like watkins glenn or road america?

=Doon=
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by OzSquizza Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Daytona Road Course - will make it interesting since there is a high downforce road section and a low downforce oval section........................

Squizza

OzSquizza
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 pm

=Doon= wrote:why not try a american road track like watkins glenn or road america?

i do like the sound of this, maybe one of the tracks this series race's on.

http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/index.cfm?series=r&cat_id=180

DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next