JFF-Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hotlaps
 photo HotlapsImagecopy2_zpsef8c5e02.gif
NEXT EVENT

RFACTOR 2
LAGUNA SECA

MON 13TH-QUAL 8PM

Teamspeak
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod

5 posters

Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod Empty Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod

Post by StickyRubbers Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:21 am

if you think this may interest you or you would like to know more, and the 6pm AEST start time suits you then let myself or Oldfrt know.

written by Oldfrt @ ORA

OK guys, our National Pride will be on the line around the end of September early October.

The Mod is NAGT and currently all cars are permitted.

Skins will be used, so get to work on something awesome, Aussie, and ORA to flash at the Kiwis.

The KSR guys are going to run a Series.. "World Tour".. using some great sports car tracks around the globe over 7 or 8 weeks running every Tuesday night at 6pm our time.

At the moment their idea is for the final round to be this Enduro at Spa.. most likely the 1988 version which is up on the FTP site under "Uploads".. but wait for confirmation on that please.

The Enduro will be 2 hours more than likely, although I will be talking to the guys to see if we can use the same format of 2.4 hours equals 24 hours so we get to run in the dark as well.. yeah I got high hopes there.

So there ya go fellow rFactorians.. get ya pencils out and colour in a car from the mod.. get over to KSR and sign up on the forum, say hello then post in the thread for the series.

Link to thread at KSR.. http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16010
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod Empty Re: Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod

Post by StickyRubbers Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:30 pm

NEWS

1/. Skin Submissions for Aus V UnZud Enduro

Okay skinners.. instead of one person creating the skins that will be used we've come up with a plan to take submissions of completed skins over at ORA in the thread created for this project....

http://www.onlineracingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1239

Once all skins are submitted we will then take a Poll.. yep we want you to vote for the skin we will use.

As you will read in the thread, community logos for all communities involved should be on each skin submitted. So far that is TeamOz, JFF and ORA but hopefully will include some guys from EWE, XFactor ... and I suppose anyone from AusFactor who decides to run the event.

2/. Driver Selection

It's been proposed to hold some qualifying races to find the strongest 21 man team we can get to kick the Kiwi's butts..... after two series with the guys over there I can tell you it won't be easy at all as they have some very quick, very consistent guys just as our communities do.

As yet I'm unsure of how this is going to work as it is still in the planning stages and some details may change in the next few weeks.

Personally I would like to see some quick drivers that can hold their own, but I would not like to see drivers who enjoy good clean racing miss out on the chance to Represent our country just because they may be a little slower... so we need to work together in the planning and running of how we go about doing this.

3/. Series Skins

For those drivers intending on doing the Series prior to the Enduro, you have open slather on your skin.. but, KSR are creating a windscreen banner that must be used on the skins for the Series. Links will be posted when this is available.

*Community Logos pack .... http://www.mediafire.com/?i4dm2dl5vhw

So there ya have it.. get ya crayons out guys and get busy colouring in.
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod Empty Re: Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Thank you Mr. Stickyman for helping out with posting this info here in my forced absence. Cool

Firstly, the Us versus Them Enduro is now a Stand Alone Event using one skin for each country.

There is a short Series using the mod that will run until the week or so before the actual 2 hour Enduro. So anyone who wants to race that series to get some valuable praccy against a formidable foe can sign up at KSR and go through the Points Site sign up.. I can help navigate it.. and all will be cleared to run in the series. also 42 grid spots for the series.

Since I'm co-ordinating this project I thought it easier to run things through the ORA community forum and post info on other community forums we race it. Hence why the skin submissions are to be posted at ORA, etc. I hope no one minds me doing it this way, as the guys from KSR who are getting this up and running are now signed up at ORA to advise on things as the planning stages become more solid.

So what I'm after is 21 drivers who want to represent Australia against the Kiwis. All comers welcome.

There's an idea to run some qualifying races in the mod to work out the team.. but that is still in discussion mode at the moment and I will notify in this thread if it goes ahead.

The other thing I'm after is for guys to do up an Australian Skin on one of the cars in the mod and submit them to the thread for it on ORA. Once all submissions are up we will have a poll to choose the skin.

Then we will need some help converting the skin to suit the other cars in the mod so that we cover the vehicles all nominated drivers have chosen.

So a show of hands in this thread will be perfect guys.

And to the skinners, I look forward to seeing your work.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm

About Series skins only.....

For anyone signing up to do the NAGT World Tour, the first post over at KSR now updated with the skins deadline and address to send them to.

Link.. http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16010

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by StickyRubbers Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:00 pm

hey thmpa, just wondering if there would be any chance of setting this mod up on the server? after this v8 round.
theres a few of us trying to decide what car to run, and it would be much easier to decide if we are running against others online,
on some of the tracks that are going to be used Idea
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:17 pm

No worries,
I'll get it sorted and the tracks...
Do we know which version of spa it will be.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 pm

At the moment the big Endruo would be at Spa 88 from the F1 88 Track Pack.. download separately from here.. http://www.mediafire.com/?zdoati0ju4t

Still waiting on confirmation of this version being used.. the EMG version is rubbish but there is another later version without the bus-stop chicane.

So I'm waiting for that confirmation, in the meantime I'm playin on Spa 88 for praccy
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by StickyRubbers Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:32 pm

dont think this has been mentioned, for those who havent raced these and are trying to decide on a car.
the default engine is a sprint motor, only good for short races, has a tendancy to blow without warning,
i'd recomend the 6hr enduro.
and Camaro would be my choice
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks Sticky, and you are bang on with the engine choice mate.. and car choice too. I noticed the mid-fielder's at KSR in the Camaro are tough to find a way past due to the grunt out of corners and higher top end.. definately the weapon of choice I would say.

Track is definately Road America from RFC.. standard version.

Will be sorting the driver list early in the coming week.. including Reserves.

And the Livery poll to vote over at ORA finishes on Sunday arvo.. so vote if you can. So far Tickford's (Austeam) livery is out in front and looking good for the win.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:04 pm

This arvo I tested the track. While I was happy with the 24 hour test.. I put it on x15, it got really dark with no circuit lights of course... it's been decided that this will be a daylight race, maybe finishing late afternoon.. but not into darkness.

Still in discussion on other undecided areas of the format at the moment but we are reaching consensus.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Praccy session tonight guys on Tickford's server if you can make it.. and if possible be in ORA TS3 server?

Server name Australia Vs NewZealand Challenge.

The other one I think is using a shorter name and I think it was put up by XFactor.. linky to Hotlaps..
http://xfactor1.game-host.org:27012/rFactorHotlaps?max=100&track=Road%20America
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JFF_VTIMMY Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Old Frt wrote:Praccy session tonight guys on Tickford's server if you can make it.. and if possible be in ORA TS3 server?

Server name Australia Vs NewZealand Challenge.

The other one I think is using a shorter name and I think it was put up by XFactor.. linky to Hotlaps..
http://xfactor1.game-host.org:27012/rFactorHotlaps?max=100&track=Road%20America

do you happen to know the IP address of the server Oldie?? would make it easier for me to get to...

I'll probably try and jump around 9pm(ish)
JFF_VTIMMY
JFF_VTIMMY
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:25 pm

No mate, sorry. I only know it's called Australia Vs NewZealand Challenge.

The other one is Aus-NZ challenge Practice... and is XFactor's one with Hotlaps.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:39 pm

LOL @ Growler and Rifty's Spies... Wink

Growler: -
The Aussies are planning to run mostly the Camaro, Mustang and Corvette. (Secret Spy Network)

Rifty:-
Some are running the Skyline as well, so there should be a good mix of cars from both sides.

LOL their Spies need to go to spy school.

Heads Up....

Posting this here and not at ORA coz of Spies, lol again.

Race will be Daytime, no time multiplier and Fuel x2 (Tyres being reconsidered)..still sorting Qualy, and there will be points penalties for any driver who is caught out Blocking on purpose = 50% personal points that add to Team Points.... and.. if anyone punts another driver off not-accidentally their Team lose all Points.

So hopefully those two inclusions will deter people from both negative tactics.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 pm

I just read that Danman and MMJ aren't able to run in this event.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:57 am

And no Mr. Sinista either!!

Growler at KSR is now organising to have the Inspire Server set for this event and running asap, and is organising the KSR TS2 server to have an open channel for the event so we can join in with them... you can mute it if you have to, lol.

Server will be set to..

race distance set to 2 hours, tyres at 1x and fuel set to 2

Time multiplier is Normal.. I think damage will remain at the 60% or so that was used in the recent NAGT Series.. but if that changes I will let you know here asap.

NZ is now on Daylight Savings Time.. so they are 3 hours ahead of us as of last weekend. this means we will be on at 12 midday instead of 1pm as first agreed upon.

And they have one of us driving for them.. HPSD from Australia.. I don't know who he is or what community he is from here.. but GET HIM!! LOL

KSR wanted us to provide our skinpack to add into their's.. and there will be an RFM file in their's too to allow 42 cars on the track. I just told Growler we will supply a link to Tickford's skinpack and asked for the same from them when their's is ready.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Oldie we also go onto daylight savings this weekend....
Starts at 2:00 am sunday morning so it will still be a 1pm start for us..

http://www.vic.gov.au/daylight-saving-in-victoria.html
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Cool, glad you got it worked out mate.. I hope everyone else is sorted on the times in their state.

Starting to get excited about this event now... 4 days to go already!!
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod Empty Event Details

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Event: NZ vs. Aus Endurance Round

Hosted by: Kiwi Sim Racing and Inspire

Date: Sunday 3rd October

Race Start Time: 3.00pm NZ Time; 12 midday Qld, 1pm Victoria.. etc

Mod: NAGT version 1.5

Cars: All car models are free to use

Team Numbers: 21

Track: Road America 1.2 .. http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Road%20America

Distance: 2.0 hours

Tyre Wear: X 1

Fuel Usage: X 2

Damage: 60%

Restarts: No

Team Captains: NZ = Growler – Aus = Oldfrt (But not accountable!)

Teams: 21 cars per team

Skins: Only one skin per country for all models of car

Practise: Practise before the race. Length to be Advised

Qualifying: 15 minutes Open Session.

Warm up: 1:45 minutes (A short one)

Start: Standing Start

Points: Points are based on the just finished KSR NAGT league system. All team cars will be getting points based on where they finish (Even if they disconnect). The points will be added up after the race and the country with the most points is deemed the winner.

Additional Rules:
1.) No barging through the grid at the start of the race unless it is clear and doesn’t run the risk of causing an accident. All drivers must give adequate racing room to all competitors. Common sense should prevail as it is a long race.

2.) No blocking or intentionally slowing opposing team cars to gain advantage for your team. This goes without saying as the net result of blocking tactics is frustrated drivers and retaliatory responses. Blocking isn’t in the spirit of this competition. Cars are expected to maintain the racing line, and can only move once to protect their line and corner entry.

3.) Caution is to be taken entering into, through and out of the pits. Extra care should be taken by all competitors exiting the pits.

4.) As all drivers are representing their respective countries they must respect fellow competitors and adhere to the rules of this competition. All drivers within each team are to ensure that they keep fellow team drivers focused on racing for their team, and not as an individual.

5.) All drivers are to enjoy the race and have a bloody good time.

Please note...

There will be Personal points deductions for offensive driving which will effect the Team Points, and, any Team driver who purposely takes another off the track will cause the forfiet of ALL Team Points.

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Please note Tyres changed to X 1 now

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 am

Tickford packed up the skins and gave them to Sulley yesterday so we should be seeing a joint skinpack being linked to at KSR soon.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Skin pack is up with track and RFM file.....Just found it

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|743|422425299|Aus_vs_NZ_Enduro.rar|61949

Waiting on it too download but going by size its complete.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Great job Thumpar.. I only just saw the post from Growler. All the communities have access to it now.

Anyone else excited?
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey Guys We need all taking part in the AUS V's NZ enduro Tomorrow,To register for the race on the KSR Points Site,

There is Currently 24 Drivers Registered total and A total of 10 aussies that leaves 11 more to do so.As a team we need every driver to register so we can get all the points we can as a team....
If you need help either OldFrt,Myself and others will help you to do so just let us know.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:21 am

Fresh from Rifty..

Remember to select the 6 Hour Endurance engine in Upgrades when you select your car, the default sprint engine will not last the 2 hours.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Well done guys. Thank you all for supporting this event as we went through the planning stages, ran the KSR Series to get good with the cars and finally meet them for what was a good race event.

Nice to see them driving with manners... I was in a constant state of shock the whole time coz we aren't used to that at all from the Kiwis.

Jayb has tallied the points.. unofficially and it appears we may have kicked some serious butt.. by 10 points.

So pat yourselves on the back fellas, you deserve it.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by GAZZA-JFF Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 pm

A big congratulations and thanks to Oldie for certainly organising the Aussie part of things. Keeping everybody, at a number of forums, informed to the minute.
Great stuff mate.
You deserve the pat on the back Oldie and well driven today too (only letting 5 Kiwis in front of you).

The Kiwis were very well behaved. I had a 5 or 6 lap battle with MENTL1 and is was all very clean. Lapped traffic was also great.

I enjoyed every part of it and look forward to the next one...
GAZZA-JFF
GAZZA-JFF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey guys,
Wear this with pride in your signature if you want...

Kiwi Sim Racing : Oz Vs NZ Enduro : NAGT mod OzNzChamps
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down