JFF-Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hotlaps
 photo HotlapsImagecopy2_zpsef8c5e02.gif
NEXT EVENT

RFACTOR 2
LAGUNA SECA

MON 13TH-QUAL 8PM

Teamspeak
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour.

5 posters

Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour. Empty Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour.

Post by Thmpar Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 am

For those wanting to compete here are some of the details including tracks etc...

NZrFL 15 - NAGT World Tour

Mod and templates here:
http://www.thepits.us/?page_id=8

League Start:
17th August 2010 (This will allow an additional 2 weeks practice after the Legends fun league).

League Format:
The NAGT World Tour is a series of races at different tracks around the world spread over 7 weeks.
There a will be two 30 minute races per night with one endurance round.
The second race will be a reverse grid based on the finish order of the first race.
Maximum drivers: 42. If we have more than 42 drivers sign up, drivers who competed in 50% of any of the last three leagues will have first preference.

Cars:
All cars will be available however if one model is dominant over the rest in practice that car may be dropped (Based on majority vote).

Tracks:
Ohio – USA (Mid Ohio) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Mid-Ohio%20Sports%20Car%20Course
Imola – Italy (Imola) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Imola%201994
Derbyshire – England (Essington) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Essington
Bruneck – North Italy (Old Ring - Sports Car layout) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=OLDRing
California – USA (Laguna Seca) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Laguna%20Seca
Somewhere in New Zealand….. TBA
Spielberg – Austria (A1-Ring) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=A1-Ring

Aus vs. NZ Enduro
24 hours of Spa (Cut down to 2.0 hours)

Skins:
Skins to be sent to Rasmo care off ksrskins@gmail.com. Cut off date for these is the 6th August.

Weight Penalties:
There are no weight penalties for this league, however the organisers, at their discretion, can add weight to any specific driver where it deems necessary to even up the field.

Practice Night:
We will be having a couple of practice nights before the league starts.

Teamspeak:
It would be appreciated if all drivers could at least be in listen mode on Teamspeak, for the safety of all.
Abusive Teamspeak or post race forum behavior will not be tolerated. What you do on TS after the race is the problem of the TS admin, but during qualifying and the race will be monitored and can be acted upon by the Race Committee. This is supposed to be enjoyable, let’s keep it that way. No warnings before ban from TS maybe acted upon.
Before 8:30pm NZDT (20:30) please watch your language, not everyone is quite yet over the hill. Baiting and deliberately trying to aggravate anyone will result in dismissal from the league. These people are here to race as well.

There will be NO talking on TS during qualifying. Failure to adhere will ensure your loss of qualification position (moved to back of grid or start from pit.). There will be no warnings.

Qualifying:
For the first race only. Qualifying will be 10mins long and open.

Warmup:
Yes. This will allow everyone a few minutes to cope with anything unforeseen. If drivers are ready warm-up will be by-passed.

Starts:
Standing start

Aids:
Traction Control: No
ABS: No
Auto Clutch: Yes

Damage:
Damage will be set to 60%

Cockpit:
Open

Setups:
Open

Penalties:
Penalties will be issued out in a form of loss of race points based on the severity of the offence.

rFactor In-Car Chat:
Using rF incar chat during closed qualifying will result in loss of qualification position. There will be no warnings.

Driver Etiquette

Passing
A passing manoeuvre is deemed to have begun when two Cars overlap each other by approximately 50% or more. It is the passing cars responsibility to make the pass cleanly and without contact. The car being passed must give a much room as is realistic, as it is their best interests. A driver may defend his/her position by moving off their line in the straights, but in one direction only and once committed to an alternative line, must remain there. If you feel your race has been severely compromised due to the actions of another driver feel free to protest, AFTER the race. The responsibility for the decision to pass another car rests with the overtaking driver. However, this will not relieve the overtaken driver from the responsibility for the safe passing of the other car. The overtaken driver shall not block. Any driver who fails to make use of his rear view mirror, or who appears to be blocking another car seeking to pass, may be penalised.
All competitors have a right to “racing room” on the marked racing surface. “Racing room” is defined as sufficient space to allow a competitor to maintain control of his car in close quarters under racing conditions. It shall be incumbent on all drivers to preserve the right of their fellow competitors to “racing room” on the track. Abrupt changes in direction to impede, or affect, the path of a car attempting to pass may be interpreted by Crash Committee Officials as an attempt to deprive a fellow competitor of his right to “racing room.”
Drivers must keep Two Wheels on the racing surface at all times. The racing surface shall be defined as the marked, paved race track only. Pit lanes, their entries and exits, runoffs, additional paving, grass verges, etc. are expressly excluded from the racing surface. A competitor may not improve his position by using non racing surfaces and should redress immediately should this occur.

Chasing
The following vehicle must be mindful that different vehicles may brake sooner or take different lines into corners. Braking without contact between the lead and the following vehicles is the responsibility of the following vehicle, unless the lead vehicle is deemed to be out of control and inadvertently causes contact.

Disabled Cars
If, for any reason, a driver is forced to stop his car on the course during an event, it should be his first duty to place his car in such a manner as not to cause danger, or obstruction, to other competitors. This includes finishing of a qualifying run during an open qualifying session.

Dangerous Driving
Dangerous driving charges will be issued by the Crash Committee at their discretion. Two upheld charges in one event will force the offender to sit out the following meeting. Typical offences are, poor rejoins causing accidents, aggressive line changes without reason, charging, reversing into traffic, dive bombing etc. These are offences of different nature to the usual racing incidents (late braking, spinning in front of traffic, etc).
If a driver is forced to sit out a second event, any further offences will see the offender dismissed from the league. Competitors may be removed from the event at the race director’s discretion at any time. They will also be removed from Teamspeak at this time to allow other competitors to continue unimpeded.

Headlights
Headlights are permitted to be used to flash (single on/off) as a means of communication. Drivers who constantly flash their lights (or drive with them on, unless otherwise specified) will be penalized. CC members can penalize without protest if noticed.

Protests
Protests will be looked at. Please feel free to make them in an adult manner.
Submit the lap and time that the incident occurred on. Crash Committee members will decide who was at fault. You are not to lay blame if you wish your penalty to have effect. Offensive behaviour by other drivers that does not have a direct effect on you can still be submitted. Please remember, if it does not show up on the replay or a video is not available, it is almost impossible for the Crash Committee to make a ruling.
Protests must be submitted by 8PM the Thursday after the races.
Drivers who feel they have been unfairly penalised have the right to request to an appeal.
Protests will be ignored if not submitted via PM to the race organisers.
When lodging protests please keep the protest detail to a minimum. Track, Race #, time, and who is involved are all that is required. Please do not submit a detailed story as the CC will be able to determine the cause. Please use your forum/driver name when submitting protests.

Race night format:
Racing will be held on Tuesday nights, official practice begins at 8pm and the server will be rolled at this time. Drivers joining the server later than 15mins prior to qualifying start and seen to be causing problems may be removed from the server at any time by the Race Controller.

Qualifying:
Qualifying will depend on the type of event, so check the race thread for details. It is the driver’s responsibility to be on track, on time. If you drop during qualifying, you may be able to rejoin during warmup. While there is no guarantee of this, you do stand a better chance if you are on Teamspeak (as you should be in listen mode at least).
- do not announce you have dropped.
- wait until it is announced that the Qualifying session has finished and advise that you are either rejoining or having issues.

Reversed Grid:
R1 finishing results will be used for R2 reversed grid placements.

Warmup:
Can be shortened at the race controller’s discretion, but will normally be 5 minutes to let dropped entrants back on to the server, and do grid adjustments. Please be patient and keep listening.
Races will not be restarted but is at the discretion of the organisers. If you can not make it onto the server for the event, you will not receive any points.

Disconnections:
If 30 percent of the field or more is dropped, the race will be Red flagged and restarted or abandoned. If you are disconnected, equal last place points will be awarded.

Flags:
All in-game flags will be adhered too.

Last edited by Thmpar on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour. Empty Re: Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour.

Post by Thmpar Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

Have got the Spa-1988 track loaded that was in the server,Which people should have i gather.
I will post on KSR and get the links for the correct tracks in their series then add them.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour. Empty Re: Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour.

Post by StickyRubbers Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 am

good stuff, thx
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:30 am

Here's a rough 1st WIP of a spare Camaro skin if anyone wants it... can alter to suit.

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour. TKR

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour. TKR

Edit to change piccies... the offer is still there if anyone wants it.

Last edited by Old Frt on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating)
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by StickyRubbers Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:25 pm

excellent oldy,

Last edited by StickyRubbers on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StickyRubbers Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Thmpar wrote:Have got the Spa-1988 track loaded that was in the server,Which people should have i gather.

anyone up for some testing tonight, should be on soon.
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

The guys at KSR are unsure of using Spa88 as one of them organising this event has said it is a crappy version. So at the moment we are looking around for different tracks that will suit the format in mind... 2.4 hours = 24 hours.

I suggested replicating the Bathurst 24 hour sports car races that sadly was only run for two years. Another guy is planning and event using Bathurst, so that may be out as well.. so now we go looking for a suitable track.

In which case.. yep get some praccy in with the cars.. tweaking to suit you, etc.. and once the tracks are finalised.. maybe a track pack.. you'll be more than halfway to having a good set and plenty of experience with the mod.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Here is the link to the track on the server if someone hasn't got it.

http://www.filefront.com/17050885/F1-1988-C4.rar
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Quote from Riftcreator at KSR on the Series....

Note for the Aussie/new guys.
Your points site number must be a 3 digit number, NOT starting with zero. Skin to match please.
Please check to make sure you haven't chosen a number a regular uses. (check previous leagues on points site)

Sorry for leaving this info out of the league post.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Madaz Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:16 pm

^^ is that the number on the side of your car if you make your own skin
Madaz
Madaz
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Yes, car number and driver number on the Points Site registration for the series.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Here' my Pontinaro skin for the series...

Kiwi Sim Racing----NAGT World Tour. GTO480-1
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

The track to be used is still in discussion mode guys.

At the moment it looks like Rattlesnake Point might get the nod after day/night transitions are tested.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 am

Okay, well it seems a track has been decided on for the Us V Them Enduro, and it will be the standard RFC version of Road America.

We're still in discussions over the time to run the event. At first 11am our time on Sunday October 3rd, but I'm trying to get that put back a couple of hours to around 1 or 2pm our time.. after lunch with your family anyway.

Will keep you posted when I know more.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 pm

I work on Sundays, so that puts me out.

Doc
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by StickyRubbers Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Doc wrote:I work on Sundays, so that puts me out.

good to see your still around Doc, havent seen or heard from you in long time ...

as i already mentioned Oldy, any daytime racing is a very slim chance for me, why do they want this so early in the day?
i understand theyre 2 hrs ahead but all the NZ peeps i know race at night, just like 99% of Aussies.
StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:28 pm

I don't know Sticky, but they are adamant they want some family time on a sunday also, so I can't understand why they wanted to do it in the daytime.

Will PM Growler again and see if night would suit them... being 2.4 hours they could start at their usual race time and be finished before midnight easily.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey Oldie thing that has got me confused is it's a simulated 24 hour, so the normal way would be 2 hrs with time multiplier of 12,
rather than 2.4 hrs and a multiplier of 10...
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Well, they are Kiwis mate... they're almost aliens living in a different world to us, lol.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:14 pm

The Complete set of KSR NAGT tracks so far,Including Road America for the AUS vs NZ race .
But not the NZ race track as its not decided yet.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PC0X86YR

Its only a throw together install but should work ok once pointed to where you want it to go..
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Track Patch for Mid Ohio is now available guys .. not sure what it does but here's the link...

http://files.ksr.net.nz/users/HughJarse/NZrFL_15_Trackupdates.rar
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

Growler from KSR wrote this today guys...

Last night for practise before we get into it.
Those of you that are competing can I suggest we all get on tonight so as to make sure you can get on the server and that there are no mismatches etc.
See you all then!

Round 1 is tomorrow night. It's going to be interesting with 42 cars on track at the start.... hmm, madness might be the right word for it.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Round 2 tonight.
I shall try and keep the car clean and look at a strong finish.
And not blow a motor again.

Guys I will Also have TS3 going so we can chat on the side.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:54 pm

With auto clutch I can't get off the line cleanly. I tried 12 times so far and each time I spin up the rears or bog down and everyone passes me or hits me.. and that's just AI.

I'm dreading the starts tonight but looking forward to the racing .. if I survive the opening laps.

So good luck Gazza and Thumpar, we all going to need it.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Madaz Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:20 pm

you running yor own TS3 server thmpar
Madaz
Madaz
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Not yet Mad, We have access to one
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madaz Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 pm

oh
Madaz
Madaz
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Ok guys the next NAGT tour track is Essington.
Its loaded on the Server now for prac,Just remember its only the standard nagt_v1.5 not the KSR patch and Skins.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Just looking on the KSR live Server at the Laguna Seca times and they are doing range from 1.28.5's to 1.32.9's so my 1.30.628 doesn't look too bad.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Great news Thumpar.. mine was 1:30 as well... I had a look.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:49 am

Hey guys a bit of footage from last nights race....

Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madaz Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 pm

were you in a GTR

Madaz
Madaz
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Yeah madaz. Painted in my work livery.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madaz Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:03 pm

nice

i havnt been able to play lately as mum doesn't like playing my pc anymore due to headaches Sad
Madaz
Madaz
JFF DRIVER
JFF DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Race 2 Start.

Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Guys, we are going to need a shyte-load of praccy for this Taupo circuit... Final Round

I suggested we use the National or longer version for this event.. but got told no, we are using Dan's and Hugh's track.. damn!

So, the track is more suited to small club class racing.. Jappa cars and the like, but not our weighty beasties that are a real handful to get around one lap let alone 20 or so.

In a couple of laps my front tyres were very HOT.. and wearing faster than the rears.. something different for me due to not having many places to get the power down.

I tried full rear downforce.. which worked well to keep the rear more stable but made the front push hard into turns.. so I dropped it again to 24.. and the rear slides again but the front points better... pb 1:34 so far.

If I didn't want to keep my top ten position I would not run this round.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Ok I think their Server is up so better do some Prac.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 pm

I just read Obscene saying.

Down to 33.1-33.3 race pace after about 15 laps

If he's not sandbagging then I'm happy for him, because I can run 1:33's too.

I reckon 32's would be tops for my car and me.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Hey guys as NZ has gone to daylight savings already be aware that means an hour earlier start for us.

See you tonight at Taupo
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Race night format is as follows:
Qualifying - This will start at 8.50pm.

Brisbane, Australia local time is currently 4:07 PM on Tuesday, September 28, 2010.

New Zealand local time is currently 7:07 PM on Tuesday, September 28, 2010.

NZ is 3 hours ahead now
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:01 pm

The latest highlights video for the last half of the Series from KSR is up already....

NZrFl15 part2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVDNeXRppU8&feature=player_embedded

And the previous one for the first half of the Series..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYGJtIpLY0&feature=related

Enjoy
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down