JFF-Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hotlaps
 photo HotlapsImagecopy2_zpsef8c5e02.gif
NEXT EVENT

RFACTOR 2
LAGUNA SECA

MON 13TH-QUAL 8PM

Teamspeak
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

+22
Rick
Papaosa
MozzMann
OzLoUdmoUth
=StanDaam=
OzSquizza
Nifty
METAL666
Schids
GAZZA-JFF
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
obbzy
Dayne Powell
TheROOKIE
ORA-Pits
Knightwolf
Blaktop
StickyRubbers
JadeShark
ORA-Oldie
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
Thmpar
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 3 Empty Re: Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

Post by ORA-Pits Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 pm

What is he password for the server, I think we are using the simracer server we were on for the 6 hour ?

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 3 Empty Re: Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps

Post by Thmpar Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Pits password is brocky05
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 pm

biggest pet hate with the bathurst track, is having to do 6.XXX k's around after leaving pit lane before you start a timed lap.

they need some kind of shortcut, but the track picks this up once you have exited pit lane only praccy sessions only. If you try during a race you get DNF
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

scott wrote:biggest pet hate with the bathurst track, is having to do 6.XXX k's around after leaving pit lane before you start a timed lap.

I use that lap to retarget my eyes, drive the line slower, check brake markers and warm tyres.. except when I crash of course.

Having to do outlaps makes rFactor one more step away from being a game.

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Old Frt wrote:With only 10 laps testing under my belt I decided to see how many laps I could string together.. time not being important. I got 6 or 7 done until Rookie said he was going.. which sounded like a good idea at that time of night.

I'm starting to learn how to drive this mod, but have a long way to go to reach my laptime goal in the 9's. Weird thing is the first test I did in the mod was loose but got me into the 9's quickly.. now I can't get into the 10's at the moment.

Weird.

I find the cars are more stable with more fuel. I took out some fuel and could only manage mid 10's. Clocked my fastest lap of 9.1 with around 90-95 litres on board.

But I have setup up the car while testing with full fuel. I hope that while the fuel goes down and the tyres wear the car will feel the same.

Alot of time is gained and lost across the top, this is the place to aim at making the car feel right. The 1st and 3rd sectors are a bit more point and shoot, whereas the 2nd requires rather large nuts. Knightwolf must be sporting huge orbs as his middle sector is phenomenal affraid
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:21 pm

TheROOKIE wrote: Knightwolf must be sporting huge orbs as his middle sector is phenomenal affraid

Must do.. I had to have a large padded box added on the floor in front of the driver's seat for him to put them in while driving.

I'm doing all my praccy online with full fuel anyway to get a feel for full stints.... got a rotary dial to adjust brake bias on the go easily as the fuel burns off.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:01 am

Few more improvements happening, There is now a "LiveRacers" direct link button on the top of the side bar.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeShark Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:42 am

Massive thanks for offers
Appologise for no response

I just can't do it with another

I'm happy to ruin my own race, any day of any race
But I'm too scared to fukc-up anothers day

---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

This is a simple day from JFF, planed many moons ago, and planned annualy
Don't worry about 'stepping over' from others
This has been on the cards all year
If there's a race elsewhwhere,,,,, feel free

Race,, or don't race

JadeShark
JadeShark
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Jade, it's the same risk we all take when volunteering for this type of event.

We know the odds are okay with hotswaps now days.. and we all make mistakes at some point, or two, but we do it for the experience a full 6 hour event offers.. win or lose.. or crash out.. or net drop-out.

Very Happy
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:47 pm

JadeShark wrote:Massive thanks for offers
Appologise for no response, I just can't do it with another, I'm happy to ruin my own race, any day of any race But I'm too scared to fukc-up anothers day

Jadeshark, i think your selling yourself very short of your ability to race hard and finish race's. Look at yourself in the hardcore mod. 4Th place i believe. you don't get there without some kind of being able to finish race's, keep it off the walls and race hard.

Everybody know of the risk involved in racing with someone as there partner. Look at the combo of myself and Thmpar, we joined up for the bathurst 24/6 endurance, i put in the wall and ruined our race at the half way point. I felt devastated, then realized it could have happened to either of us and up until then we were traveling within the top 8 and most of all having fun...........i also have a new sim-racing friend Smile . Now Rob has given me another shot at allowing me to partner him for this memorial race.

I think you should get out there and give it a shot, WIN, LOOSE, DNF dont matter, its about having some great fun with fellow sim racers.

Scotty
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by GAZZA-JFF Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Scotty, you're exactly right mate.
If anybody is wanting to do this race but feels they may just ruin their team mates night, so are going to give it a miss. PLEASE have another think. There are a great bunch of fun Sim racers around this place and teaming up with someone just brings in another dimension to the whole online racing we all do.....
This will be my 4th driver swap race this year, with my 4th different team mate.
Getting to know each of them just that little bit better and helping each other out has made each event that much more enjoyable.
Catch yas on track
Gazza
GAZZA-JFF
GAZZA-JFF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 am

Yay!! I finally started to get a feel for this mod.. only took about 80 laps Shocked

Finally made it into my target laptimes on full fuel.. and nicely surprised to see the highest clean lap percentage next to my name.. better than going for fastest lap, lol.

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Greens-Tuf [JFF] Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:17 am

GAZZA wrote:Scotty, you're exactly right mate.
This will be my 4th driver swap race this year, with my 4th different team mate.
Getting to know each of them just that little bit better and helping each other out has made each event that much more enjoyable.
Gazza
No pressure then Gazza running with a 1st timer at hot swapping? LOL
Nah I was concerned like you Sharky but after speaking to Gazza he kicked me outta the team told me I'd do my best and we'd see what happens.
Mate my plan is to run at 90% pace and take it from there as the race progresses/team mate instruction.

For anyone thinking they will ruin someone else's race please still nominate/race this Enduro and at worst team up with someone else that also thinks "I don't want to crash it for them" so you both are even!!!!
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
Greens-Tuf [JFF]
JFF Treasurer
JFF Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Greens-Tuf wrote:For anyone thinking they will ruin someone else's race please still nominate/race this Endurance and at worst team up with someone else that also thinks "I don't want to crash it for them" so you both are even!!!!

Greens, nice way to look at it. I guess if you feel your going to put it in the wall then why not do it with someone else who is feeling the same way. haha

Guys, really feel that we need to get over this. Look at it another way, why don't you race to finish. That would be a great accomplishment i feel. I know that Thmpar and I are aiming to finish the race as the most important. Where we are at the last 20 laps to go will depend on how hard we push at the end. I think ppl need to know that this is a long race and anything can happen.

i think that we should all get behind this Great Memorial Race and support our Australian Sim Forums. Not worry about the small things like crashing out and ruining someone else's race.

Last point, to think about.................................What if your computer crash's, your internet crash's. There all what if's, i say what if you get out and give it a shot and don't crash, don't ruin someone else's race and finish it................id rather regret trying than not trying at all

THAT IS ALL
SCOTTY
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:09 pm

The old saying about Bathurst applies here.. you have to be there for the last 10 laps, when the real race starts.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm

I think RELAY anti-cheat might need to used as I see someone named 'bk' has a top speed of 370kph, um don't think so!!!!
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:21 pm

TheROOKIE wrote:I think RELAY anti-cheat might need to used as I see someone named 'bk' has a top speed of 370kph, um don't think so!!!!

I thought the top speed was weird, but I've raced against BK a fair bit and know he is a legit driver... so I don't understand that speed reading. Could he have used the ORSM supercoupe version by any chance?
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Old Frt wrote:
TheROOKIE wrote:I think RELAY anti-cheat might need to used as I see someone named 'bk' has a top speed of 370kph, um don't think so!!!!

I thought the top speed was weird, but I've raced against BK a fair bit and know he is a legit driver... so I don't understand that speed reading. Could he have used the ORSM supercoupe version by any chance?

Np Oldie, sorry not meaning to make any false acquisations there BK Rolling Eyes
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Im strugging to find the password for the server.Help??

Nifty
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Nifty wrote:Im strugging to find the password for the server.Help??
brocky05
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks

Nifty
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Getting Time Out on the server for some reason
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 pm

i'll do a restart of the server now, And see if that stops it.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks mate.. I tried Pitsy's mUlti thing that got me on.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DPG-Scotty [JFF] Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 am

Hey Guys

I Just noticed the entries for this event & Team Oz has put in some great support so far.
Its great seeing teams, forums and Sim Racers come together and bring people from all around the world doing what we like to do. Fielding 2 teams is dedication, but having 5 teams is just fantastic and unexpected. Great work Team Oz.

Supporting each other and our respective forums will only grow our friendships and simracing communities, offering more series, more one off special events for all to be a part of and have fun, laughs and some good inter-forum banter along the way.

I really think that we should get behind this event and help to get a full field of cars. For those of you unsure about racing with a partner, just give it a shot, have a go, best of all get out there and have some fun. Its what its all about.

Hope to see a full grid

Scotty
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
DPG-Scotty [JFF]
JFF iRacing Official
JFF iRacing Official

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightwolf Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:50 am

Just wondering what the rules are regarding Qualifying?

Are both team members allowed to qualify and the top placed time counts?
or does the team have to select one driver to be in the server to do the qualifying run.

Cheers
Phil
Knightwolf
Knightwolf
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey Knight it will be...Each team to select 1 driver to qualify and start the race.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeShark Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:01 pm

As above,, the qualifying driver really needs to start the race aswell
R-Factor 1 has been known to freak out on these type of events with swapping of drivers during qualy to race
Both drivers/2 cars, can practice before-hand without any issues

Thmpar wrote:
Notes:

Each team to select 1 driver to qualify and start the race to avoid unforeseen mismatches/issues
JadeShark
JadeShark
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Here's a pic of the cheats? that were on tonight, not fletch, they were running the track in reverse, these young fellas stopped the practice by driving, ell whatever they were doing..it was a bit of a laff.

hmm cant attach the screenshot but have it and the replay.

Oliver Turner
Andrew Thompson
Ruthless
and CraftyKorean
so dismiss any times you see up there I recon

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 pm

I might be an old stickler for good manners.. but...

Anyone who is not registered for the event should not be on the server in the first place.. simple as that...even if they only want to get their name at the top of the hotlaps for the pat on the back that they will get from mates.

And anyone who disrupts signed-up drivers on the server needs to be booted and banned immediately.. no matter who they are or where they come from.

Next thing.. how did they get the server password if not signed up here?

Sorry.. but such Wankers piss me off.

ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm

I hate to do it but will have to change the password i thinks, My question is the same oldie who did they get the password from as all the posted links are only visible to members.....

I'll post up the change once its done.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:47 pm

How about the new password sent by email to the registered users.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Yep that will be it Pitsy....I have been through the server chat log and know exactly where it all come from....I shall be contacting the admin at the concerned leauge.The password was mistakenly posted in their forum.....Worst thing is they used to race here lots and were always good but now have some bad eggs i guess.......
Worst bit is they havent even looked like entering a team.....

Is password email to all teams Preferred guys???
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Thmpar wrote:Is password email to all teams Preferred guys???

Yes from me mate.

Can we also make it a rule that guys not signed up for the event aren't to use the server please?
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

No worries Mate i'll put that into the email when i do it.
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obbzy Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Is it Unleashed 1.1?
If it is then I can provide skin.
Seeing 05 is not allowed, how about #26 Harvey/Harrop MHDT from '79.

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 3 Mhdt_w14

Last edited by obbzy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : been given a driver to pair with)
obbzy
obbzy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 am

Guys you have to get laps in. I'm running one or two full stints per day now and when I follow others who haven't well it's not so good..no point in hotlapping anymore it just will not help in the race, infact it works against ya..So if you see me there I'll run full stints with ya's..i even ask.
If you run 4 wing ..well don't is all I can say unless you are a demi-god driver..6-10 is just as fast and you won't die a HorroR death..So ROOKIE you must be doing all your laps offline, well you better be Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by obbzy Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Dayne123 is still looking for a co-driver. As promised I've given him a skin to use:

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 3 Dctr110

Looks like it's steves & myself in the #26 MHDT car. Looking forward to this, hopefully I can be a good co-driver for steves and get the car home in one piece. Smile
obbzy
obbzy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:50 pm

ORA-Pits wrote:..So ROOKIE you must be doing all your laps offline, well you better be Smile

Dragonlady is on a mission as of late, only laps I have been doing are in my head Sleep Ah the joys of marital bliss scratch

Would like to turn a few over the weekend, will see what resinates (racing or my head with a hammer)
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 am

Last simracers there were about three guys who's teamy didn't turn up for whatever reasons..I see skids is in a 3 way (a reflection on him Smile ) it would be good to pop in on the night at least 1/2 hour early incase someone can't be there..see, rook is a drunkard and may be just to pissed on the night so one in the wings will help Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:55 pm

ORA-Pits wrote:Last simracers there were about three guys who's teamy didn't turn up for whatever reasons..I see skids is in a 3 way (a reflection on him Smile ) it would be good to pop in on the night at least 1/2 hour early incase someone can't be there..see, rook is a drunkard and may be just to pissed on the night so one in the wings will help Smile
F#cken nice that is.... Razz
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Smile ok I shoulda said PotHeads Smile

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Bruce and Boris both on the server going reverse direction. Suspect
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:03 am

Wonder why it doesn't DQ them

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TheROOKIE Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 am

obbzy wrote:
Is it Unleashed 1.1?
If it is then I can provide skin.
Seeing 05 is not allowed, how about #26 Harvey/Harrop MHDT from '79.

Peter Brock Memorial -- Bathurst 161 Laps - Page 3 Mhdt_w14

Obbzy or anyone for that matter, how do I (anyone) select the 8 spoke rims, is there a mas file to use

Also when are the skins due by again? Cheers from Capt Ignorant bounce
TheROOKIE
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:09 pm

TheROOKIE wrote:Obbzy or anyone for that matter, how do I (anyone) select the 8 spoke rims, is there a mas file to use

Also when are the skins due by again? Cheers from Capt Ignorant bounce

Should be able to select wheels on the spinner.

And skins due in Tomorrow. Tuesday the 1st of November.. let's say by Midnight.
ORA-Oldie
ORA-Oldie
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:18 pm

Just been some guys in the room going Backwards...Thmpar knows and will be doing a new password tonight.
Schids
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes Skins are due tomorrow by midnight, But if there are a few still in the WIP phase let us know as we can push it back untill prob thursday this week,
But you need to let us know if you can have it too us by then,

Password will be changed tonight and emailed out to all registered team members,
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thmpar Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 am

Hey Guys just had contact from a member asking to shift the skin submission date back untill thursday due to some real life issue's....Gladly I will for this one time.

SKINS DUE BY Midnight Thursday 3rd November
Thmpar
Thmpar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum